Long-range rifle scabbard?

chad44

I'm looking to get a decent scabbard for my elk hunt with horses. Any suggestions? The one I have won't fit with my scope and longer barrel.

What length do you need and what's the height of your rifle overall?

Post Note:

That's a pretty long rifle. My rifle (for which I don't have a scabbard) with a 28" barrel goes to 49" full length. If I were to buy a scabbard for it I wouldn't mind leaving ten inches hanging out in good weather but I always prefer fully closed luggage for carrying my rifles.
Most of the scabbards I'm familiar with are for carbines or rifles of similar lengths.
But I found this one ... if it helps any.
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail....=84502753363&gclid=CLKK9sC62r8CFaVZ7Aod0D0ARw

Last edited:
Not sure about the height. I run a 26 inch barrel with a muzzle brake. The stock is standard length of pull. The scope is a mark 4 6.5x20 with a 20 MOA base. I'm out of town now and can't measure.

eberlestock packs will fit but be tight. your rifle will be tight and you will need a rain cover with it (extra $25).
I have a rifle set up pretty much the same as yours and it fits well.

I use the Trailmax rifle scabbards and love them.
Plus it fits perfectly in a Pelican 1570 case for traveling.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.