B.O.R. Lock 350 grain in Remmy Ultimate

Bighorn191

Wondering if anyone has any experience shooting the 350 grain BOR Lock bullets with BH209 powder? I guess I will start with 90 grains by volume of BH209 and work my way up to 110-120. I've got a good elk hunt coming up in CO and was also wondering if anyone has any any experience with these on game yet?

Thanks Encore - that's about the only information anywhere on the bullets and there's dang little on using BH209. I'm going to try the Thor bullets also - any load data that you know of for BH209 with the different sizes of Thors?

I've never used the Thor myself and admittedly don't have a lot of experience with bore sized bullets. I do know from other's experience, they are an outstanding bore size bullet. The right size is the key and as I understand it, Thor is very good at helping.

There are a number of shooter/hunters in the western states that use Thor bullets. Most all are shooting them from PRODUCTION rifles, with production charges and many are using BH. As I understand it, Thor will send a sample package, giving you the opportunity to determine the best size for your specific bore.

How well the Thor may shoot from your rifle, using heavier than production rifle charges, is something you'll have to experiment with. It may require the use of a wad, such as some smokeless shooters use.

IMO..... in-line muzzleloader hunters in the western states, should band together like the traditional shooters and demand sabots be allowed. Not intending to P off the traditionalist shooters but, no reason not to allow saboted bullet like the majority of the country.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.