B&c stock fit to tikka issue?

Smokepoles

Hi guys,
For those of you familiar with the b&c stocks, do they generally need a little help to fit or do they line up out of the box for the "drop in applications"? I ordered one for a tikka and it hugs the left side of the barrel pretty hard, also noticed the left side of the forearm looks slightly thicker than the other.(receiver fit is very good to stock) If this is normal I'll start sanding but if this is a qc issue I'll get her a bus ticket back to stockys... Thanks in advance, this is my first go with any b&c product

Most B&c stocks need a little help, in my experience. Only one has not needed bedding. As far as forearm? That's a judgment call. I have a brand new mic key edge for a t3 that might need some help, and that stock is almost three times as much $$. Play with action screw torque and shim under plastic bottom"metal" before sanding too much, then shoot and see where things are heading

I had the same problem with my B&C and Tikka. I just took a dowell and sand paper and floated the barrel.

Smoke, never seen an aftermarket stock fit perfectly. I've bedded a bunch of B&C as well as others and they all needed it. Try candle soot to find where the action is touching, you can trim from there. A bedding with epoxy will do wonders. Check the custom search top right for bedding tips. Good luck

Thanks guys, got her figured out this afternoon. There was a big knot of paint and glass on the tang pushing it a little that I missed the first time around. The one thing I've never seen in a stock was the inconstancy of the barrel channel. I didn't think to put the mic on it but there was a considerable amount more meat on the right side than the left. Got it floated real nice on a bipod after a little time screwing with it. Added a rail, lapped some rings and put her back together. I blew up a ring on it a couple weeks ago that started all this... Feels good to have it range ready for tomorrow. I'm guessing it'll need a bedding job but I'm curious to see how it shoots first. Here she is back in one piece, looks much better at least. Thanks again for all the help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 93
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts