Automatic Dive Watches?

I have been wearing a Seiko Divers Pepsi Quartz for the last forty years. Loses four seconds a week. Not as fancy as some of the watches mentioned, but quite reliable and much less expensive.

Not automatic, but solar. If I ever fall in a cave I guess time stops. Original was auto and it lost about a minute or so a month. This one seems to do well and doesn't drift. Had it since 2002, been all over the world and never with a tank under water:)

I had a Tag once, but never wore it because it was too fancy. Sold it and bought gun stuff (now regret it). This one couldn't be weighed with a custom rifle though.

75E824B4-0549-4924-A5ED-033B132ECE4D.jpeg

Keep an eye on the listings over at watchrecon. You can find some Omega Seamasters that pop up in your price range. Also look into the Oris Aquis and Sixty-Five as well as the Longines Legend Diver and Hydroconquest.

One thing to check into before buying an automatic is the service costs. The service interval recommendations range from 3-10 years based on who you ask. Costs vary, but they ain't cheap. Not trying to rain on your parade, as I am obv a fan, just want you to be aware. Note that mine is well used. Received it as an anniversary gift, would never have bought this for myself. I had bad luck with 2 Tag Heuers autos and a Breitling Colt Superocean. They all leaked and were pricey to fix. So I would just stick to something in the lower price range, and find it on sale. Then a few years from now, when the kids are grown, if you want a Rolex or Omega get one.

IMG_1676.jpeg

Last edited:
Flyguy1 is right...I have 8 auto watches..I have my (2)Rolex and Panerai, Oris, Ball serviced every 5 years and I have them on a winder--my U-boat I have had served 1 in 10 years, my Vostok and Rado have never been in...watches are a rabbit hole...

Nice...has the hulk look!!
Yeah, thanks! I like the Gen 3 as it has the 6R35 movement and supposedly a 70 hour power reserve. Researching this really sent me down the Rabbit Hole, that's for sure. Very fascinating stuff indeed! I think there will be more watches. I need a "rotation" of them to wear as they say!

Beautiful watch! Never heard anything bad about Seiko. Now, it's like, Honey you know I really need just one more for Sundays, and a black one for the duck blind...

I realize this is not what you want.

I realize you have already made your purchase.

But it is an interesting rabbit hole.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.