ATTN: Rick or Shawn: Rifle Basix

6.5x284tony

Hello All:

I am just curious, is there a problem that any one has had or heard of concerning the Rifle Basix triggers. Is there a safety issue or are they just mechanically inferior to other triggers? Sorry, title should read Kirby or Shawn.

Thanks,

Tony.

Last edited:
Re: ATTN: Kirby or Shawn: Rifle Basix

Kirby and Shawn both declined to install RB triggers in my Rem 700's. I think on advice from council but they might want to comment. Midway and others sell plenty of them - but probably not to top smiths. I think uncleB doesn't like them either.

Only bought one. Had a very bad experiance with the function of the safety--ss ball bearing badly galling Al body of trigger and safety literally grinding/galling the trigger bodyas it was switched. Called RB and sent it back with damage to body clearly evident. They said it was working fine. ?! Fortunately, I'd had it less than 90 days and, to their credit, Midway took it back. I exchanged it for a Jewell HVR. Been through the stock, timney, RB and Jewell trigs. Would recommend a Jewell. Although, I've had it about 1 1/2 yrs. and I did just have to send mine back to Jewell for some work as it was starting to get some noticeable creep. Should be back soon. I called to check on it--they worked on it--no charge. I'm assuming the creep will be gone...for the $ they are, I sure hope so! At this point, I don't believe any trigger is perfect and will 'last forever', but the Jewell's, with their adjustability and all SS construction (fewer worries about wet conditions), are hard to beat. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.