Athlon Scopes ????

jeepnsammys

Been looking at the Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 theres lots of talk over on the hide about these scopes being exceptionally high quality even comparing them to scopes more then double the price of these Athlons. anyone here have one of these or any experience with them? sounds good but id like to here from you guys before dropping the hammer on onegun):D

I have the 4-14 44 btr new revised. Only took it out 300 so far optics pretty good. Still think the turrets need work little mushy easy skip. comes with no information on reticle or turrets with package. The reticles themselves are the best so far in what I have burris and vortex. Reticles lines are thin, dots are also small, illumination has no flare. Waiting see Midas line will get FFP

I have the Cronus 4.5-29 MOA. So far I am pretty impressed. I was going to do a little review when I get more time behind it. From an optical clarity perspective, it far exceeds any scope I have ever owned, to my eyes and a couple other folks it compares dead even with a gen2 razor. Tracking is the only part on it I don't have enough time behind it to quantify. After I get a few more rounds down range I will be able to make a better assessment...

Please any one who has one keeo ys all informed my son need some decent glass for .300 rum i may even sell my vortex dimond back hp to get one of the lower-mid range models if they are is good as ive been reading on the SH forum.

I'm in line to get an Ares line when they come out in March......looking forward to it: 4.5-27x50mm w/ FFP, HD Glass, 30mm tube, and 25 MOA travel per revolution (100 MOA total travel).....seems VERY promising.

Can i ask you any of you ,which out oc the Athlon lines (iam not familiar with them ) would ve the closest the vortex diamond back ho rx16 opticly and price wise ?My son need in for his .300 rum

Had the Cronus and it's a great scope. Used it in a match and tracked perfect out to 1100 yards. I ended up selling to fund a S&B PMII when they were on sale, but the Cronus was a great scope. Glass was outstanding, and I really liked the reticle. The illumination was best in any class. My only complaint was the turret feel. They tracked true, but were a bit mushy. There is a video fix on the Hide that explains how to change the grease on the o-ring, and it makes it a much better turret feal. They also have a new model coming out here shortly, and it has better turret feel I'm told and a new reticle. If a Gen 2 Razor and Cronus were the same price and side by side, I personally would buy the Cronus. Glass is absolutely equal, and 10 ounces lighter.

I have the Argos BTR 6-24X50 and love it, its mounted on my 300 RUM. I got it late in the summer last year. Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can get out and burn a few rounds and taker her out farther then 400 yards.

Just received my Athlon Midas 4.5x27x50mm scope today. Opened up the box and it look impressive ! Took it out of plastic bag and started sighting on known objects out my back door from 40yds to infinity.NOT IMPRESSED 1st red flag. The elevation knob wiggled,windage knob didn't, clicks were just ok. 2ND red flag.The reviews sounded so good . Compared this $600 dollar scope to my Zeiss HD5x25x50mm and SWFA SS 5x20x50mm.Its like comparing apples to oranges. So the old adage "Ya get what you payed for" still rings true with this scope . So two red flags, it's going back tomorrow and I'm back to square one in buying next varmint scope for Montana PDs .

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.