ARG or Nightforce 6 screw rings

AK4570

I'm putting together a 300WM with an NX8 4-32. I'm considering either the NF 6 screw rings or the American Rifle Co. M-brace rings... not concerned about the (slight) weight difference, just want the best at this point. I'd love to hear input regarding either.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
John

Last edited:
I'm putting together a 300WM with an NX8 4-32. I'm considering either the NF 6 screw rings or the American Rifle Co. M-brace rings... not concerned about the (slight) weight difference, just want the best at this point. I'd love to hear input regarding either.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
John
American rifle rings are an amazing choice, they are very very good rings and also the ability to torque to 50 in lbs. I have run both rings, and i would honestly say I believe the American rifle rings, will continue to be mounted on my scopes.

Watch the nightforce torture test on YouTube. I have the same nx8 scope on my 300 PRC. We even got to abuse them at Hat Creek long distance range. They literally threw the rifles in the back of the vehicles, stacked on top of each other, and would drive down bumpy roads. Pull them out of the vehicles and make 1600 yard shots with them, all day long.

ARC everyday and twice on Sunday. For all the people using Nightforce who makes them because Nightforce doesn't.

This is another one of those Chevy vs Ford topics and opinions will probably be split 50/50. I have used both.......A lot. I like both......A lot. I have never had a single issue with either brand. Bottom line is you can't go wrong with whichever you choose. One thing I will say is that you don't need the NF 6 screw rings, the 4 screw will be just fine.

Thanks, all. I'm leaning a bit toward the ARC M-10... its just a fascinating piece of engineering backed up by a solid number of real-world recommendations.

Thanks again,
John

Another +1 for ARC. I have a couple pairs with NX8's in them on my rifles. One is a 28 Nosler that has not lost zero in 3 years of traveling & hunting. The other a 338 Norma and same, hasn't shifted at all. The NF 4 or 6 screw rings would be great also. I've been using the Hawkins 4 screw rings recently with great luck for lighter weight applications.