Area canines ruin another day of hunting.

I was also an avid coon hunter for a few years. A week before bow season I stopped running dogs, didn't have to since it was public land, but it seemed like the best thing to do. My dogs didn't run deer, and I've walked up on many deer while out with my dogs, but that's a little different than dogs just out running wild.

Followup:

I spoke with the conservation agent late last week. He clearly said that he couldn't legally advise seeking out and shooting the dogs. However, if my family or livestock were threatened then was well within my legal rights "address the situation". He was intentionally vague about the qualifications for that.

He also gave me the contact info for the animal control officer in the area whom I may call to discuss other options since we do not live on the property. I plan on going back out this weekend for bowhunting so I'll keep my eyes open for the dogs (they showed up on camera again last week).

We got two labs and a German Shepard running on our hunting land. They have collars. We are frustrated, but I personally do not think we could shoot them. We contacted all the neighbors and farms in the area and no luck. There's 1200 acres next to us with some serious deer hunters who take game management to next level hardcore. They get pis sed when we see them and don't shoot. I love dogs too much to do it. I would try to capture them and turn them into animal control. Not the dogs fault their owners suck.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.