Are you (edit for language) Kidding Me? MT and ID hunters read

I'd like to subpoena that *******'s bank account records and see what is really influencing his decision(s) because it sure as hell isn't common sense.

buckbrush

Hmmmm...iffen I were you....me thinks I'd send THAT ******* an email to his office and request same!! I'll bet he'll be sure to forward same to you!!:Dlightbulb:D

Read this excerpt carefully.

"The ruling not only strikes down the delisting decision," said Kieran Suckling, executive director at the Center for Biological Diversity, "it invalidates the Bush-era Interior solicitor's memo justifying the concept of listing/delisting species and populations in only a portion of their range."

If I'm reading this correctly it sounds to me like they won't be delisted anywhere until there are populations in all of their historical range which if you follow the next link includes a large portion of the northeastern US. I'm all for that, they can have all of the ID wolves, I think we should transplant them to Central Park NYC and get them started on the road to"recovery".

Gray Wolf: Current and Historic Range (animated) — Sightline Institute

SSS nuf said.

What it means is ID and MT have a plan that is approve by the power to be but WY doesn't like the plan so they come up with a plan that will not be approved so now they can't delist the wolf for two state unless they all come up with an approved plan so that the management is impemented in all the states. The problem comes from delisting in two states and not in another, Malloy really didn't have to use left leaning tendancies to make this ruling, it's fairly clear to me that the rule is they have to delist across the board or not at all not by a state by state basis. I don't agree but thems the rules.

The Current Wolf Population coverage map publish date says 2006.

The current range now covers all of southeastern Idaho (Preston) thus WY at least to there and Northern Utah.

unfortunately what this is doing is setting a pressidence that its an all or nothing thing. And there will always be some under developed state when all the pro wolf guys are pushing to re-introduce these things state by state untill they get what they want. This is a perfect example of special interest groups taking advantage of the legal system and raping it for all its worth to get exactly what they want. soon enough the population of elk and deer will be so low that it will be a rich only game. You will have to pay the big bucks to go out and hunt instead of the good old days of the do it yourself style hunting on public ground and burning boot leather and putting the miles on the legs to get game on your own accord. very sad that our legal system is one that spends so much time "interpreting" the constitution to mean what they want it to mean and finding loop holes to go around the rules that are already established and making up your own rules as you go.

I wonder if anyone has been arrested for shooting a wolf ? The states want them hunted. The FWS has tried to delist them. I wonder how tuff enforcment is going to be now!

There are only two forces in this universe. The good. The bad.

Guess which one is exerting the major efforts at this point in time?

However, it ain't gonna be easy or pretty but the good will win in the long run!

May I have patience sufficient to endure to the end.

Boy to I ever want a PLRF-10! And a rig to shoot that far.:)

I wonder if anyone has been arrested for shooting a wolf ? The states want them hunted. The FWS has tried to delist them. I wonder how tuff enforcment is going to be now!

Don't know of any arrests but the guy that shot the first(reported) wolf in Valley county was fined and punished because it was out of season and he was on the road. He did get his gun back though I think.

I suppose getting a refund from F&W for my wolf tag will be like dealing with the IRS won't it? I can't hardly wait! :rolleyes:

Right now if you don't shoot one in front of them they won't get worked up, in our county which is the largest in MT and some of the most hunt able we have two game wardens. I know them both fairly well so I wouldn't want to force their hands but they also don't really want to deal with this. To my knowledge they have only even lightly investigated a couple shootings but nothing more.

All the guys I talked to today are just over this whole thing and it will be game on this season, shoot on sight, they can't put us all in jail kinda attitude. We do have to do something or we will have no game left, which plays right into the hands of PETA and ALF because they really don't care about wildlife they care about being able to tell you and me we can't hunt, they will support the wolf till they kill the elk and deer down to the point where they will be listed also then they get what they want.

I'm reloading wolf tags tomorrow :D

soon enough the population of elk and deer will be so low that it will be a rich only game. You will have to pay the big bucks to go out and hunt instead of the good old days of the do it yourself style hunting on public ground and burning boot leather and putting the miles on the legs to get game on your own accord.

And therein is probably the hidden agenda of the special interest anti-hunting pukes. Another bunch of BS.

Ha ha remember boys and girls sss is a felony now. While hunting with my dad a few years ago I recieved a ticket for shooting an elk 1 minute early. the friggen game cop wrote the wrong shooting time on the ticket. So I waited for the trial day to say anything to my attourney, a friend who did a crappy job! Then the judge told me I have to know the exact time by cell phone not a watch. Oh the $1800 would be nice to have back. Joke is on me though. It was the judges first case. A judge which my dad ,a retired game cop himself, had prior altercations with. The hills have eyes so be careful! Easy what you say, who you tell, and who is around you! Oh, one more thing to remember, I have noticed a new breed of coyote, the Greater Yellowstone Coyote. Mange covered large bodied rat tailed howler who have no place on this Earth. Oh ya and if ever you should be questioned by the authority remember dumb looks are free!

I have noticed a new breed of coyote, the Greater Yellowstone Coyote. Mange covered large bodied rat tailed howler who have no place on this Earth. Oh ya and if ever you should be questioned by the authority remember dumb looks are free!

I myself would not shoot a mangy yote or wolf. Let the wolves kill the mangy yotes. After they get done mauling the yote they will probably have it too and they can take that back to the pack with them. Just food for thought.

Jeff

By KLEW Web Staff

Story Published: Aug 8, 2010 at 10:16 AM PDT
Story Updated: Aug 8, 2010 at 10:21 AM PDT

BOISE - With gray wolves in Idaho back on the endangered species list, Idaho Fish and Game says it will continue with its non-hunting season wolf management.

In a news release issued late last week, the agency said Fish and Game biologists will continue tracking and monitoring wolves and working with federal officials to prevent livestock depredation, Deputy Director Jim Unsworth said in a news conference Friday.

"Idaho Fish and Game is disappointed with the federal court decision that places gray wolves back on the Endangered Species list," Unsworth said. "The same stewardship Fish and Game provides for other game species will not be applied to wolves as a result of this ruling."

Plans for wolf hunting seasons have been suspended and holders of 2010 wolf tags may be eligible for refunds. The policy and refund request form are available from Fish and Game offices or on the Web site at:

Fish and Game also plans to submit proposals the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for wolf control actions in the Lolo elk zone and is considering control actions in other elk zones. Officials are going over options for legal actions that could restore regulated wolf hunting in Idaho, and they are looking into the possibility of wolf hunts even while wolves are on the Endangered Species list

U.S. District Court Judge Donald Molloy in Missoula issued an order Thursday, August 5, that in effect returns the gray wolf in Idaho and the Northern Rocky Mountains to the protection of the Endangered Species Act

Wolves south of Interstate 90 in Idaho have reverted to management under a section of the Endangered Species Act known as the 10(j) rule, allowing some flexibility to respond to livestock depredation and impacts on big game. Wolves north of Interstate 90 in Idaho are fully protected under the Endangered Species Act

Simply put, the 10(j) rule allows states and tribes with approved wolf management plans to manage these wolves to ensure the health of wild elk and deer herds and to protect private property. The rule also allows individuals on private or public land to kill a wolf that is in the act of attacking their stock animals or dogs, except land north of Interstate 90 in Idaho, or land administered by the National Park Service, and provided there is no evidence of intentional baiting, feeding or deliberate attractants of wolves

Fish and Game said Idaho still must follow the rule of law, and that they will look at all legal options to see what's the best way out of what they called "this mess."

Officials said they still will work to resolve conflicts between wolves and other game animals, including proposals to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for wolf control actions to protect dwindling game herds and reduce livestock predation

At the end of 2009, officials estimate the minimum population in Idaho was 835 wolves – officials say the minimum population estimate at the end of this year would be about 1,000 without hunting

The ruling sets aside the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's 2009 decision to remove gray wolves in the Northern Rocky Mountains from the endangered species list.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.