Are the Viper scopes any good (4-16x50)?

It's OK. I have one that I've shot to 700 yards. Looks pretty clear, especially at lower magnification . I have a Diamondback that I like too. it's 3-9x40. Seems just as clear as the Viper. Glass must be the same.

I just got a Viper HS 6-24x50 in the mail today. I dont have any high dollar scopes to compare it to but it blows my Vortex Crossfire II out of the water. Was busy chasing kids and trying to load up some rounds to shoot so missed checking it in low light, but so far I'm pleased.

The viper I had did not track accurately. Past first revolution it was useless. If you are planning to sight it in and leave it it should work fine. I didn't have any complaints about the glass.

I have the 4-16x44 HS. It is the best glass I have so all I can say is it's better than anything else I've had. :confused: No problem dialing to 750yds 15moa ish. It always returns to 0.

I would call it middle of the road glass. I have two viper PST that have been good scopes. I have taken both scopes past 1000 and they worked fine. At low light (~20 minutes after sunset) I find it hard to identify deer well enough to know if it's a deer I want to shoot, especially at greater power. I guess that is a common issue if you aren't using good ED glass, but the price is also a lot better than most scopes sporting ED glass.

I have almost every scope made by Vortex, I have never had any issues dialing up past a couple knob revolutions on long shots & back to zero. Glass is very good on upper end scopes, my hunting scopes ( HS/LR, HST) the lowlight is a bit dark.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.