Are the prices ever coming down on components?!

It's the pipeline analogy. When the pipeline gets completely drained then it takes time to fill before it will produce again. The last year all the major bullet manufacturers like Hornady, Federal, and many others got priority for powder and components.
What is frustrating for me, I'm a Berger fan, is Berger bullets have been hard to find for 4-5 years even prior to Covid. How is it a company like Hornady consistently has way more product available then Berger. You would think these companies could adapt to keep up with demand but after 5 years with still having supply chain issues I wonder

This is ridiculous! Triple or quadruple on primers! Powder prices have at least doubled!
And this stuff sells out in seconds. As long as we line up like suckers and scream "please take my money" no matter the cost, these prices will never normalize. Get a decent amount that you actually "need" and stop hoarding people, please!
Welcome to 2022 . Glad you could make it.
😂😂😂

I feel your pain. I was all but out of large rifle primers and I got a chance to buy 1000 CCI benchrest primers from Bro..lls they cost me $182.14 delivered. I waited as long as I could short of being completely out hoping that the prices would come down. Yes it's rediculas!

4836FCBB-7B7B-453B-A609-E44E129733D2.png

The last times the U.S.A. had balanced budgets was under President Lyndon Johnson and President Bill Clinton. A previous commenter noted that this is what we wanted (inflation). He was correct as the American people wanted the government to spend, spend, and spend but not tax. You cannot keep spending without bringing in income to cover the spending. Sooner or later the chickens come home to rest. We need to start trying to balance the federal budget and start reducing the national debt. Try and find a politician brave enough to try that!

Well, when I started reloading in the late '70's a brick of primers went for $10. In the 2000's they cost $30 a brick. I would imagine the current price will stick for a while. And then increase again. I don't see the price dropping back down to $10 a brick. Though I can hope it might. 😁

Bob
I still have primers with the price tag oh $11.99 for a brick of CCI200 primers from the mid 70's. Glad I have all these left. Never had a problem with any of them by being old..