Are talley one piece rings strong enough?

DartonJager

Are in the process of buying a Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50mm off a fellow member here and plan on alternating it from my .308 Savage FCP 10 and my 300 WSM Tikka T3 Lite. A Weaver Grand Slam 4.5-14x40mm has been on top of my Tikka in Talley one piece rings for several 100 rounds with no issues at all. The Weaver weighs per product info 17.5ozs . HOWEVER the Nightforce website lists the weight of the 3-15x50mm at 30ozs or 58% heavier.

Will the Talley One piece aluminum rings be strong and durable enough to be used with the NXS on the Tikka? I already have a 30mm set of Talley's for the Tikka and I'm not concerned about the Savage as it's heavier non-magnum rifle.

Thanks,
DJ/Art.

I have a set on my Christensen Arms Ridgeline 300 win mag holding a Vortex Diamondback tactical 6-24X50 FFP that weighs 24.6 oz.
Even though my scope is lighter, I can't imagine they wouldn't work.

Maybe just go to the Talley website, get their phone number and give them a call?

I've used Talley light weights on all calibers up to 338 win mag before without an issue.
I used to be into ultralight rifles 6.5 scoped 300wsm with the Talley rings never an issue.
My current 338SS is wearing Hawkins Hybrids very similar ring to Talley.
I just set up a 3006 AI for a buddy on Tikka with Med Talley no issues.

They should work just fine on the Tikka. However, I have had problems using them on a magnum braked rifle...they cannot hold a heavy optic with a large negative g force.

DJ, I have them on four rifles (all magnums but one) with absolutely no issues. As mentioned, watch Gunwerks TV, almost every one of the rifles have Talley lightweights on them. I've seen them on other custom rifles in their ads as well.

Ive had Tally's on my Tikka 300wsm since day one and haven't had an issue. They are also on my 6.5-06 with a Mark4 but that is a low recoil rifle

I have them on 270wsm and a kimber 8400 300wsm and they work great. My buddy shoots them on his tikka 300wsm and never had a problem. Call them their customer service is good.

Don't know if you lapped rings and used locktite on all the fasteners, but this is what I had to do to secure the NF scope.

Hey Rick....I just thought I would share something you may want to try... I have switched from Loctite to Vibra-Tite VC-3. It does not set up hard/brittle...does not affect torque settings when installing screws...adsorbs impact better....and screws can be removed and replaced 2-3 times without needing re-application. Not quite as user friendly in the application...but cleans up easily, and have even used it to "pad" the interior surface of the rings, once they are lapped. Never had any movement, and is easier to remove if needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.