AR15 223 scope?

crittrgittr

Just wondering if I can get all of your input on what you like for a 223 scope for your AR? I am looking for something with"target turrets" and entry level(under $250-300). Thank you for your replies in advance as I only get on here on occasion.

how far away are shooting? it really takes 24x to see the holes on paper at 100 i have a 8x32 for varmints out to @400

Thanks guys. I shy have clarified, mostly wondering who has a 223 scope with bdc reticle and how close is it out to 500 yds? Thanks again for all replies.

Sounds like you need a Nikon p223. I have that scope on my range 223 ar. 3-12x. It has what your are looking for bdc drop in the scope as well as turrets. Mine tracks perfect every time. As far as how close depends on many factors. Mine seems very close if I shoot hornady ammo or hand loads. Those scopes are set for a specific bullet with a given speed so it will not be spot on. Anything you buy that is pre determined and not matched to your ammo will be off. That being said mine has been very close and a great scope. I shoot about 1,000 rounds a month for the last few years and have no complaints. I would just double check your chosen ammo in your gun to what distance your at that way if your a bit off you know how to compensate.

My luepolds have that function on the turrets it works just fine as long as I'm running bullets somewhat close to the load data the knobs are based on. 55 gr 3100fps I think I have it written down in my shooting log book. When I'm shooting 75gr hpbt not so much but they also have mil markings so I just use them and my phone with a bullet drop app

I forgot to mention my brother has a couple of the Nikon p-223 scopes and he likes them just fine with those you can get on nikons website plug in your load data and print the redical sheet that shows the hold points for your gun. My brother printed it shrunk it down a bit and double side taped it to the inside of his scope cap.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.