New Scope??

Discussion in 'AR15/10 Rifles' started by TheRidgeRunner, Sep 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TheRidgeRunner

TheRidgeRunner Member

Hi all,
    I'm trying to decide what scope to get for my ar15. I've looked at the leupold mod 1 and vortex diamondback tactical. Does anyone have any experience with these scopes or any recommendations. Any info Is appreciated thank you and god bless.

2. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

3. jasonco

jasonco Well-Known Member

Take a look at Athlon's?! For AR15 duty, they work.

4. ophious

ophious Well-Known Member

If you're looking to get into a nice scope I have a Kahles K624i for sale on the site. Beautiful scope.

5. Pootyng

Pootyng Member

I have the Burris xtrii ffp 4-20 on my Grendel ar. It’s less than 6 months old. I really like it but it’s more than I need so I’m thinking of letting it go

6. lancetkenyon

lancetkenyon Well-Known Member

I run a Premier Heritage Light Tactical 3-15×50 on my AR. Couldn't ask for a more perfect scope for it. Good low mag range for wide FOV for close and/or moving shots @ 3x, and 15x is plenty for shooting out past 850 on long range prairie dogs, jackrabbits, coyotes and steel. Plus, glass is amazing, low light, fairly light weight, perfect tracking, etc.

I would look at the SWFA that mudrunner posted up. I run those scopes on my two 10/22s, and my brother runs one on his AR. Great scopes for the price.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    300whisper and MudRunner2005 like this.
  7. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

I run the same scope I posted on my 6.5 Grendel. Except the one I have is a SFP with a MQ-DM reticle. Otherwise, same exact scope...Same glass, same magnification, same everything.

Those SWFA SS scopes are built like tanks and were originally built for the Navy for their .50 cal sniper rifles...And they WON the contract and held it for years. So, they are built to handle some serious abuse. They originally cost the Navy about $800 each, but today we can still get the same scope for much less.

Here's some good info on the history of the SWFA SS scopes...

8. moses42ak

moses42ak Well-Known Member

Pootyng, what reticle do you have in your Burris?