Applied Ballistics Pro Support Thread

Hey Doc,

Maybe this has been covered, I'm a bit late to the thread. Do I have to use the AB Advanced to use custom curves for BCs or is there a way to do it in AB Mobile? I have AB Mobile on my Droid Maxx, and am shooting 215 gr hybrids and 208 Amax from a 300WM 24in barrel. My intent is to use this platform to extend into and beyond transonic, possibly move up to the 230gr Hybrids Hybryd OTMs in order to step it out. Also can I get AB for my desktop and advanced for my Droid?

Thanks Doc,

DocB

By AB Advanced do you mean AB Mobile vs Kestrel Companion or AB Analytics?

Reason I ask is because inside of AB Mobile you have Simple or Advanced as a setting.

You can actually run AB on your desktop from Google that you already bought. Simply install Bluestacks or Andy Android (I prefer Andy) and you can run any android app you have previously bought.

By AB Advanced do you mean AB Mobile vs Kestrel Companion or AB Analytics?

Reason I ask is because inside of AB Mobile you have Simple or Advanced as a setting.

You can actually run AB on your desktop from Google that you already bought. Simply install Bluestacks or Andy Android (I prefer Andy) and you can run any android app you have previously bought.

You'll probably recognize this, it's from the AB Mobile instructions and it's what I was referencing:
"Custom Drag Curves
In the advanced version of the Applied Ballistics Mobile App, you can download custom drag curves to model a specific bullet, rather than referencing drag to a standard. Using custom drag curves enables more accurate trajectory predictions for projectiles that slow to and below transonic speed which happens when shooting at Extended Long Range (ELR).
"

Which or what "advanced version" is being referenced?

And regarding running AB from my desktop (laptop) from Google, when I go to the App for AB Mobile, will I have to purchase it again or just download to the desktop? I'm also trying to find a way to download my Kestrel info to the laptop. I'm not what you might call 'technically advanced', but I finally muddle thru. Appreciate the help.

DocB

You'll probably recognize this, it's from the AB Mobile instructions and it's what I was referencing:
"Custom Drag Curves
In the advanced version of the Applied Ballistics Mobile App, you can download custom drag curves to model a specific bullet, rather than referencing drag to a standard. Using custom drag curves enables more accurate trajectory predictions for projectiles that slow to and below transonic speed which happens when shooting at Extended Long Range (ELR).
"

Which or what "advanced version" is being referenced?

And regarding running AB from my desktop (laptop) from Google, when I go to the App for AB Mobile, will I have to purchase it again or just download to the desktop? I'm also trying to find a way to download my Kestrel info to the laptop. I'm not what you might call 'technically advanced', but I finally muddle thru. Appreciate the help.

DocB

Advanced is a setting inside the AB Mobile App. You will have to buy the Custom Drag Curves for each bullet individually, however the advanced setting is simply like the flip of a switch and part of the program.

No, you do not have to purchase it again, simply log in with the google play account you bought AB Mobile on, and download it using an Android Emulator. To download the profiles to your computer from your Kestrel go to page 1 here, and download the profile loader.

Applied Ballistics app on I-Phone and Kestrel 4500NV with Bluetooth.

Can I use a Kestrel 4500NV with Bluetooth to update and fill-in the data fields on my I-phone with the Applied Ballistics App? If not is this a possibility in the future and is it worth getting the Kestrel 4500NV with Bluetooth.

I'm talking about two separate units not the all in one kestrel with Applied installed.

Advanced is a setting inside the AB Mobile App. You will have to buy the Custom Drag Curves for each bullet individually, however the advanced setting is simply like the flip of a switch and part of the program.

No, you do not have to purchase it again, simply log in with the google play account you bought AB Mobile on, and download it using an Android Emulator. To download the profiles to your computer from your Kestrel go to page 1 here, and download the profile loader.

Ok Doc, got that figured out ok. Where do I go to get custom drag curves. I'm looking for 220 SMK, 210 VLD, 215 HYB, 208 AMax. 200 SMK. THEN... how do I download them to AB Mobile or do I need AB mil version (civilian restricted)?

Thanks for being so tolerant! :rolleyes:

DocB

Ok Doc, got that figured out ok. Where do I go to get custom drag curves. I'm looking for 220 SMK, 210 VLD, 215 HYB, 208 AMax. 200 SMK. THEN... how do I download them to AB Mobile or do I need AB mil version (civilian restricted)?

Thanks for being so tolerant! :rolleyes:

DocB

In AB Mobile its an in app purchase (Currently being fixed, due to google breaking the app)

In AB Tactical they are already installed.

DOC-

I'm going down a rabbit hole looking for a litz BC or custom drag curve on Hornady 120 gr AMAX in 6.5 CM / .264. I've updated my kestrel and profile loader and searched the book. Can you point me in the right direction?

DOC-

I'm going down a rabbit hole looking for a litz BC or custom drag curve on Hornady 120 gr AMAX in 6.5 CM / .264. I've updated my kestrel and profile loader and searched the book. Can you point me in the right direction?

That is not one of the bullets we have been able to test and add to the library just yet. So we don't have the custom drag curve at this time.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.