Ao 300wm

vanstepm

My new AO 300WM project - couldn't be happier with it - not totally done but very close to where I want it

R700 action; fully trued
Fluted bolt body
Side bolt release installed in receiver
Sunny Hill recoil lug
Badger 20-MOA base
Badger tactical bolt knob
Bartlein 1:10 twist Rem Varmint contour barrel
Barrel finished at 25"
Barrel is threaded 5/8x24 and fitted with an APA LJ brake
Timney thin shoe trigger set 2# 6.9oz
Manners T2A stock in Woodland camo
Badger M5 bottom metal with 5-round AI magazine
Two left-side flush cups and bipod stud
Action pillar bedded into stock
Heat-cured Cerakote finish on barreled action in custom :Spider Monkey" green

Optic: Leupold Mark IV ER/T 6.5 - 20x 50mm M5 turrets Mil/Mil

Flatline ops Sniper Anti-cant level

Badger Standard (0.823") rings custom cerakoted to match metal

Harris 6-9" swivel bipod with KMW podloc

Attachments

• IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2802.jpg
    IMG_2802.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2803.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2807.jpg
    IMG_2807.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2806.jpg
    IMG_2806.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2805.jpg
    IMG_2805.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 110
Thanks Trebark appreciate the compliments. I want to get a cosine angle indicator for it and also was considering custom turrets once I get all my ballistics data at the range.

Angle indicator is nice piece of kit. When it comes to custom turrets, I am generally not a fan based on ever changing conditions and the possibility that you will change your load in some way.

What bullet are you planning to shoot? A strong case can be made for the Berger 215grain Hybrid. You should read this...http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/comparing-berger-210-vld-215-hybrid-88657/

Angle indicator is nice piece of kit. When it comes to custom turrets, I am generally not a fan based on ever changing conditions and the possibility that you will change your load in some way.

What bullet are you planning to shoot? A strong case can be made for the Berger 215grain Hybrid. You should read this...http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/comparing-berger-210-vld-215-hybrid-88657/

Yeah im excited to add it to this set up. I have not had one on my rifle before. Should make ranging on the fly much more accurate with the mil/mil scope and FFP. And right now the bullet I'm running is the 195 boat tail. But after reading that article I may need to reconsider. Thanks for the read.

Right now I'm running a 195gr BT but I may have to upgrade to the 215 hybrid after reading that article. Thanks for the read. definitely take it into consideration

I agree with getting some 215's. Im running them out of my 300 Win Mag with a 26" Brux and H1000 at 3000 fps. Very nice rifle. I think you will be very happy with it.

Yeah I am definitely considering it now that I have read up some more on it. Those numbers are hard to argue with. I appreciate the info and advice guys

Very nice. I want to build my next one to look like yours. Mine is a lil too heavy to hunt with.... I take it with but I need a lighter rifle to hunt with.
How is the weight?

Thanks. It is right around 13 1/2 lbs. I don't remember the exact weight off the top of my head. little on the heavy side but quite manageable i suppose.

Im actually working on a model 7 with a similar setup in 300SAUM for a lighter weight option. Just trying to figure out the stock right now. Haven't ordered a manners for a model 7 before so its proving difficult to figure out the barrel contour and floor plate situation.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.