Ao 300wm

vanstepm

My new AO 300WM project - couldn't be happier with it - not totally done but very close to where I want it

R700 action; fully trued
Fluted bolt body
Side bolt release installed in receiver
Sunny Hill recoil lug
Badger 20-MOA base
Badger tactical bolt knob
Bartlein 1:10 twist Rem Varmint contour barrel
Barrel finished at 25"
Barrel is threaded 5/8x24 and fitted with an APA LJ brake
Timney thin shoe trigger set 2# 6.9oz
Manners T2A stock in Woodland camo
Badger M5 bottom metal with 5-round AI magazine
Two left-side flush cups and bipod stud
Action pillar bedded into stock
Heat-cured Cerakote finish on barreled action in custom :Spider Monkey" green

Optic: Leupold Mark IV ER/T 6.5 - 20x 50mm M5 turrets Mil/Mil

Flatline ops Sniper Anti-cant level

Badger Standard (0.823") rings custom cerakoted to match metal

Harris 6-9" swivel bipod with KMW podloc

Attachments

• IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2802.jpg
    IMG_2802.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2803.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2807.jpg
    IMG_2807.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2806.jpg
    IMG_2806.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2805.jpg
    IMG_2805.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 108
Thanks Trebark appreciate the compliments. I want to get a cosine angle indicator for it and also was considering custom turrets once I get all my ballistics data at the range.

Angle indicator is nice piece of kit. When it comes to custom turrets, I am generally not a fan based on ever changing conditions and the possibility that you will change your load in some way.

What bullet are you planning to shoot? A strong case can be made for the Berger 215grain Hybrid. You should read this...http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/comparing-berger-210-vld-215-hybrid-88657/

Angle indicator is nice piece of kit. When it comes to custom turrets, I am generally not a fan based on ever changing conditions and the possibility that you will change your load in some way.

What bullet are you planning to shoot? A strong case can be made for the Berger 215grain Hybrid. You should read this...http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/comparing-berger-210-vld-215-hybrid-88657/

Yeah im excited to add it to this set up. I have not had one on my rifle before. Should make ranging on the fly much more accurate with the mil/mil scope and FFP. And right now the bullet I'm running is the 195 boat tail. But after reading that article I may need to reconsider. Thanks for the read.

Right now I'm running a 195gr BT but I may have to upgrade to the 215 hybrid after reading that article. Thanks for the read. definitely take it into consideration

I agree with getting some 215's. Im running them out of my 300 Win Mag with a 26" Brux and H1000 at 3000 fps. Very nice rifle. I think you will be very happy with it.

Yeah I am definitely considering it now that I have read up some more on it. Those numbers are hard to argue with. I appreciate the info and advice guys

Very nice. I want to build my next one to look like yours. Mine is a lil too heavy to hunt with.... I take it with but I need a lighter rifle to hunt with.
How is the weight?

Thanks. It is right around 13 1/2 lbs. I don't remember the exact weight off the top of my head. little on the heavy side but quite manageable i suppose.

Im actually working on a model 7 with a similar setup in 300SAUM for a lighter weight option. Just trying to figure out the stock right now. Haven't ordered a manners for a model 7 before so its proving difficult to figure out the barrel contour and floor plate situation.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.