Anyone used Leupold impact 23 or 29?

It's my favourite reticle!
If ur swinging ur gun onto something fast you don't even notice the dots. I've found it very accurate for holdovers out to 600 yds

I just ordered the VX-6 HD 4-24 with the Impact 23 reticle. I fully expect to love that reticle, because the "Impact" series (23 29 45) are an extension of the CMR2 reticle, which I have three of. They are fast reticles, that were originally designed for Leupolds Military line of scopes.

They are excellent reticles. I have several and find them extremely useful.

That's what I was hoping to hear. I may be giving the 4-24 a try also. AGL do you by chance have a nightforce nxs by chance? I'd like to see a glass comparison between the 2. I have a bunch of nxs but have been really impressed with the vx5hd I have for glass quality.

Personally, I don't think the mid-range Leupolds are nearly as good glass as the Nightforce or other mid to upper tier scopes. After being gone from Leupolds for the last 6-7 years, about the only advantage I see to them is their light weight.

Personally, I don't think the mid-range Leupolds are nearly as good glass as the Nightforce or other mid to upper tier scopes. After being gone from Leupolds for the last 6-7 years, about the only advantage I see to them is their light weight.
I also stopped looking at Leupold for a lot of years since I felt for my uses they didn't meet standards. I don't think I'd call a $2600msrp scope mid range! I would hope it's not mid range for that cost. I have 7 nxs and really like them but there has been a lot of talk about the new glass and durability quality that made me pick up an vx5hd and it was way better than the 2 comparable Zeiss hd5 that I had.

@Canhunter35 Is yours illuminated? How visible is the crosshair in twilight? I'm looking forward to trying the Impact 29 out in a VX5HD, just waiting patiently as they are B/O here in Canada

No, it's not illuminated. It's as visible as the tmr or tmoa reticle, same thickness. Better than the sightron reticle

Thanks! It looks so much thinner in Leupold's renderings, and subtensions appear to be unlisted... I'm excited to give it a try.

Thanks! It looks so much thinner in Leupold's renderings, and subtensions appear to be unlisted... I'm excited to give it a try.
I have vx-6hd with illuminated impact and only had a issue with a black target in shade the retical disappeared and light doesn't help in daylight. I could still see it but had to concentrate. Other than that it's been great in all normal circumstances and in low light it's good then the light works great if wanted but not needed. The dots are faint enough I really don't notice them unless I'm paying attention to them. 5/6 have same glass just different zoom and options I was told by luepold over the phone. Im happy with it and wouldn't hesitate to get another one. I've compared side by side with a nightforce and the nf was a little brighter at low light the luepold had better detail to my eye. Sorry I don't recall what model the nf was.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.