impact 29 reticle

den

I am looking for opinions on the impact 29 reticle , I am trying to find out if it seems to be easily visible at the cross hair intersection for multipurpose hunting even without the illumination feature ,thank you

My impact reticle has an opening in the middle similar to the TMOA so there is not a solid cross like the wind plex. I actually prefer the opening when shooting at 1,000 and beyond. I have not had any issues shooting at closer ranges either but if you like a duplex then it may not be for you.

I've ran one for a couple months now and love the hell out of it. Used it coyote calling so some low light shooting and a lot of long range target shooting.

I love the impact reticles. Illuminated or not, they are the most useful reticles Leupold offers.

I used one on a mk4 4-14 for awhile on a CZ .22 of mine for awhile. It was a very useable reticle and I have nothing bad to say about it. Only reason I sold it as I didn't want an oddball MOA scope in my Mil collection.

thanks for the response , I finally found a good color picture took through the objective of what the poster called a leupold ts29x reticle I cannot find that one listed on leupolds site anywhere but it looks to be the same as the impact 29 with a little more researching since I cannot find exact numbers for the crosshair and the hash diameters only the center opening @ .25 moa I believe the crosshairs are probably .25 moa dia and horizontal hashes possibly .5 moa and vertical hashes .25 if my #s are right I don't think I would have any problems with it being hard to see I just didn't want to order one and have to try to return it for a duplex that I really don't want to get anyways as I like having the holdover /& off option in this case ,thanks again

You're over thinking it. Based on what you want, the impact reticle will suit you perfectly.

BTW the impact reticle is the renamed version of the TS reticle. If you can find the specs for the TS it will be the same as the impacts.

thanks brentc, I found a lot more posts looking for the TS reticle rather than the impact including pretty much the same questions I was asking , I also found out it apparently costs a little more than it used too for them retrofit one in your scope, oh well pretty sure I will end up with one of these retrofitted or a vx5 hd with one hopefully soon ,thanks

I wish they had reticle options for the 3-15x56 VX-5HD. I just ordered one but they only come with the duplex.

I seen that I believe that they told me if sent in for a reticle change vx 5hds are 275.00 and 200.00 for vx3 ,mk4 and 125.00 for vx 1 and 2

I also called Leupold the other day and they will give you a impact 29 on a VX 5 HD. I asked what it would cost for them to build me a VX 5 HD 3-15 x 56 with a ZL 2 turret added for windage and an impact 29 reticle..... $ 1200

Did they give you a time frame? I'm guessing that would be like half a year wait
No time frame, I just decided
to get a couple LRP's 6.5-20 with the impact 29 instead. Once they show up I am going to send my current vx 5 in to be retrofitted with the windage zl2 and a new reticle. I thought that was 6-8 weeks.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.