Anyone use GS custom bullets

Tony 0321

Has anyone used any of those GS custom bullets.. I shoot a 300 RUM and the B.C. on these bullets is higher than anything else I have found in a long range hunting bullet. But without talking to anyone that has first hand experience with them I am not sure if I want to buy them they are a bit pricy but for long range hunting they seem like the best thing going with an extremly high B.C. for a 30 cal and they say you can get faster velocities with them as well...also does anyone use them in a 300 RUM I am thinking of using the 177HV if anyone has a a recipe for that round that would be helpful too

Last edited:
Has anyone used any of those GS custom bullets.. I shoot a 300 RUM and the B.C. on these bullets is higher than anything else I have found in a long range hunting bullet. But without talking to anyone that has first hand experience with them I am not sure if I want to buy them they are a bit pricy but for long range hunting they seem like the best thing going with an extremly high B.C. for a 30 cal and they say you can get faster velocities with them as well...also does anyone use them in a 300 RUM I am thinking of using the 177HV if anyone has a a recipe for that round that would be helpful too

Tony,

I assume that you have a 1-10 twist, which, according to GS will put you on the edge for stabilizing the 177g. I think they will work. You can wait and see how I do. I have some on order and they should be here soon. I will post on how they do for bc's. I have used them over the last couple of years in a 30-06 and I have no doubt about their effectiveness on game. I used the 150's and the 160's.

It will be while before the snow melts and I can get to our long range. May have to go and use the public range.

If the bc's come close to the advertised, then they will out run the 240 smk for drop and windage out to 2000yrds. I am very anxious to run them.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.