Anyone use Norma Powder

RockZ

I have been running some numbers in Quickload and it shows Norma mrp and mrp-2 as one of the powders that give good velocity at low pressures. I ran numbers for the WSM's as well as 300win and 7stw.
Does anyone have any experience with these powders as far as consistency and temperature sensitivity

I have used 203/204/205 and all were outstanding. 205 has been replace by MRP, I think...... MRP is the same powder as RL-22 but is shorted on the quality control end of the process. Or so I hear.....

I have been running MRP in the 300 WSM for about 4 yrs with great accuracy, velocity and low pressure, 30" barrel, 210s and 2975 fps. Bought 40 lbs and down to about 16 lbs left.

I used MRP2 in my 338 Lapua AI, same results.

Very low lot to lot variation and no issues with temp sensitivity in the MRP line of powders. Hard to get sometimes, right now Graf and Black Hills are the only distributors I think.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.