Anyone use a sleep apnea mouthpiece?

I bought a Venture Volt portable power pack model EV-38C five years ago to take to elk camp to run my cpap. I sleep in a wall tent with a oil stove for heat so there's a good amount of humidity. I also bought the 12 volt adapter to charge the power pack in my pickup, it takes about 4 hrs to charge. I run the heater on 2 and the humidity off and I use the water tank. Iv'e used it up to 10 hrs. on several nights when it was foggy or pouring down rain and still had power left. I use a small folding nightstand to put it on. In the morning I put it in the pickup and recharge , it also has usb ports ,LED flashlight that I left on for 48 hrs. at home to see how long it would last and still had 15% left. It comes with a 110 volt charger as well. I also do alot of boat camping and I use the spot light plug in to recharge. The unit sells for around $350 dollars( cheap) for a good nights sleep and good health . Just think of it as another hunting expense.
you can also take in on a airline, they make a bigger model that you can't fly with. WWW>EVPOWERPAC.COM

Looks like a place up here pimps them, I'll look into them. Looks like all of them will be to big to fly, but for odd reasons those same airlines will let me air cargo it...

Non heater tent the coldest I pulled was 13 this fall with the machine Un heated. That was my limit, wimped out when it got colder and decided to head home. In Feb it will be -20 but hopefully heated to over 0, might wimp out taking the machine.

Ok, I know this isnt a question about getting fit, but I use a cpap for sleep apnea and I'm MUCH better off when I use it! Obviously, I cant lug it around when I'm camping and hunting without power. Has anyone here used the mouthpiece type devices for their apnea? Any feedback, good or otherwise? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I am a practicing dentist for over 39 years. A TAP3 appliance is what you are looking for. It is effctive for mild to moderate obstructive sleep apena. It is not recommended for central sleep apnea. Find a dentist who can evaluate your situation, fabricate, and adjust the device to allow for normal nocturnal breathing without your cpap. You may say goodbye to the cpap for good.

Iv'e also used a honda 2000 watt generator with a 100 ft. cord when it's cold hooked to a 6gal. nurse tank and let it run 24-7. when it gets cold like your talking I like to run high heat and high humidity it keeps the machine running good and it doesn't try to freeze up.

I have had sleep Apnea since being in the Corps (50 years ago). Guys used to throw their boots at me in the squad bay to get me up because I snored so loud.
Back in 98 I had several operations in my nose and throat. They never worked. Could not use the CPAC because it was so loud. Several years ago from gaining a lot of weight due to my neck injury I went back on the CPAC. Only problem is that I sleep for a few hours taking Ambien and then pull the mask off while sleeping. Can't put it back on and go to sleep.
Wish there was a better option because I know that it is a big health issue.
Coyote: check into the Res Med CPAP machine. It's very compact and quiet. Medicare pays for it, including supplies that are occasionally needed.

Coyote: check into the Res Med CPAP machine. It's very compact and quiet. Medicare pays for it, including supplies that are occasionally needed.
I had Phillips Dream Machine and over a year ago they had a recal on them. I finally got my new Dream Machine II about three months ago. It is smaller, very quiet and a pain to change the water out. It connects to my phone by bluetooth and I can adjust the settings for Humidity and airflow. I can fall asleep with it, but then again when I wake up in the middle of the night, I have a hard time falling back to sleep with the mask on.. I guess it's like claustrophobic and I feel that I am breathing in the same air as I exhaled. Either too warm or not enough air flow. Changed the humidity from "1" to "3" and the air flow up to "10". Currently on "2" for humidity and "7" for air flow. Had it on for 4 hours then Cassie got me up, went back to sleep with it for another 2 hours and then Cassie wanted to go out. Could not wear it after that.
I am at around "" episodes in one hour from several sleep studies. I know that I need to wear it because Sleep Apnea can have an effect with your heart lower ventral from the lack of O2 causing water build up in the ankles. It doesn't seem to bother me without the CPAC, but as soon as I start snoring Jill starts hitting me. Wish that I didn't have Apnea or that the msk would not bother me. i also tried using the "Nose" Mask and Head Gear to keep my mouth closed. That didn't last at all. I even got a Navage Nasal Cleaner System to have a clear airway.
Some of the things to do to help is Weight Reduction if you are overweight and Alcohol intake. These make your airway too relaxed and stops your breathing cycle. I am overweight, but don't drink. Two effects from my spinal cord injury.
I have had my heart checked out and good Stress tests, Cardio Gram Ultra Sound of the Valves very good and EKG excellent. Sleep Apnea can really mess up your heart and cause failure.
Wish there was a new medical procedure to fix Apnea.
Good luck to all that have it and for Battery power so you can take hunting.