Anyone shooting a Rem 700 SPS or the xcr rifle?

Have an SPS in 257 Wby. Was easy enough to find a load that shoots .66 MOA @100. That said I had the finish bead blasted to smooth it up and stuck it in a CDL stock. Fine gun. 375 Rum in mod 700 XCR. Bone stock except for a muscle style brake installed. Shoots clover leafs @100 with 260 Accubonds. Fine gun. Pretty **** light too.

Sorry to hear about your issues, now you have me thinking if I would be better off with a sendero or go for a kimber montana. I keep going back to the tikka t3 and it is the cheapest by far.

The only thing I've had that was worse than my rem sps was a Kimber Montana. What a piece of crap.
Sendero's are great if you get the right model. Or get an SPS and hope it shoots. If not, do the action and barrel, add a stock and be done.

I had a 25-06 and a 270win in the sps models. the 25-06 shot terrible. The .270 was fair but wouldn't shoot under an inch with any factory or hand loaded ammo I tried. Both guns were sold and replaced with Tikka T3's. The Tikka's are the best rifle on the market for the money in my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.