Anyone own a Lyman Crusher 2 press?

lee264

I just bought a Lyman Crusher 2 press from Brownells. As I'm setting up a new reloading room in my basement. I have a huge reloading bench at my uncles that we are in a about 50/50. I am just getting tired of driving 40 minutes to reload. Anyways I bought a Lyman Crusher 2 and it seems to have a bit of slop in it. I kinda thought that maybe it's designed this way to help kinda float the case into the die. Just don't know if I can get used to it. I might send it back and get a Lee classic cast press. My plans are to buy a Forester co ax this summer. Anyone have experience with the Crusher 2? If so is this normal? Am I over reacting?

I talked to one of my friends that used to be a pretty competitive 100-300 yard benchrest shooter. He said a little slop was ok. Well I sent him a video of my press and he didn't think that was an acceptable amount of play. So I ordered a Redding BIg Boss 2 from Brownells and will be sending the Lyman back.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.