Anyone own a 7mm 300 Win Mag?

I have had great luck with Federal GM 215 M primers with H-1000 in all the 7-300's I have owned. That also goes for the 300 wins too.

Jeff

Broz, what powder charges would you use for a ladder test? Would 74-77 grains of H1000 cover it. I plan on loading two each charge and shooting up then down in charge probably at 800 yards, hoping to have six(two ea) of some consecutive charges within .5 MOA.

Broz, what powder charges would you use for a ladder test? Would 74-77 grains of H1000 cover it. I plan on loading two each charge and shooting up then down in charge probably at 800 yards, hoping to have six(two ea) of some consecutive charges within .5 MOA.

Yes in cases with higher volume. You might even want to start a grain or two below 74. But in cases like RWS or similar volume I would start at 70 or 71.

Jeff

New rifle is shipping today.

Attachments

• image-3511217950.jpg
    image-3511217950.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 98
I have only shoot it a few times. After shooting a ladder that was less than impressive and trying to prove the better loads I noticed my scope was moving in the rings. Now I'll have to do the ladder again. I will not be shooting 195s. I'm not yet convinced you'll be able to push them fast enough to outrun the 180s. I started another thread for this rifle.

I have only shoot it a few times. After shooting a ladder that was less than impressive and trying to prove the better loads I noticed my scope was moving in the rings. Now I'll have to do the ladder again. I will not be shooting 195s. I'm not yet convinced you'll be able to push them fast enough to outrun the 180s. I started another thread for this rifle.

If permitted, and you feel like it, would you please post a link to THIS thread? I get notices when someone responds here and would like to follow your journey on the new thread as well. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.