Anyone load at the range?

whirlwindjml

Im always trying to kill as many birds with one stone as possible. lots of dreams and little time...

So im sick of loading a pile of stuff in increments and only needing some or being able to use some of it... Like hitting pressure early in the pile of cartridges.

I prepped the new brass (straightened necks and primed). I found putting earplugs in the brass will prevent the powder from bouncing out. I got the lee hand press and it works ok for seating. Im thinking the wilson seaters would be nice/accurate and simple as well.
Dont throw rocks about my shell holder. I need to grab a few more so i cobbled that on the drill press real quick to get me by.

Im able to load bigger batches now with no fear of bullet pulling and can dump the powder out of the extra unused stuff if i find a load before all get tested. I only have to seat bullets as i go this way and stop if i get where I want.
20200321_215723.jpg

Now i wanna see if i can get my lyman powder thrower to work off 12v dc with an adapter or see how it works with the inverter. 🤔

Anyone else's doing something similar?

I actually change distance to lands sometimes at range, my press clamps flat so its not that hard to do. If I need to do an entire different load I go in the gunshop and use their press.

Ive thought anout dragging my camper trailer down there but it 29feet long.
I actually change distance to lands sometimes at range, my press clamps flat so its not that hard to do. If I need to do an entire different load I go in the gunshop and use their press.
Was thinking that on the seating deapth.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.