Anyone heard that 165 Core-Lokts are accurate?

jcpython357

Do any of you guys and gals have any really good accuracy results with 30-06 165 C/Ls @100yds.? You think one could get a .129" group for 5 shots out of a Model 700 S/S firing 1 shell every min.? A guy I know is passing around a group like this, claiming all of the above, rifle is equipped with a 20oz. Jewell, factory "Tupperware" stock,(not bedded as far as I know)mag-Na-ported, 4.5x-14x Leupy. Says he's got 3 groups that measure 3/8ths. From my experience with this guy(shot with him a few times), he's the slowest shooter I've ever seen, 1 shot every 3 min is more like it. I think he's just trying to pull a few legs, been known to do it before, and I'm not falling for it, just checking different forums to see if anyone else has similar results with these bullets. FWIW, I've got a 708 in S/S, that if shot slowly, with 150 MK or Ballistic Tips, put em' in a nice small hole, but one shot every minute from an '06', with 165 C/Ls, Bullfunky! Thanks, Jay
PS. I know this is a Longrange forum, just checking all around.

I used some 180gr corelokts that where plenty accurate, sub 1/2" but one came apart in my moderator so i stopped using em. i had a couple also come apart without the can on after that, dunno why. probably just a bad batch.
Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts