Rem Core Lokt Performance

"Deadliest Mushroom in the Woods!". Still shot them in my 30.06 BAR when deer hunting with dogs. Just like J E said, under 400 they are great bullets.

hunting deer with dogs?how frikkin lazy can you get?lightbulb

hunting deer with dogs?how frikkin lazy can you get?lightbulb

I have never hunted deer with dogs in my life, but if that's what his game is, more power to him! I've read a few of your posts and it seems as if you scroll through until you find something to complain about? Correct me if I'm wrong! .....Rich

Thanks Rich for replying to D.A.T "Dumb *** Turd" lightbulb. Just to clarify myself, I am a whitetail hunter that uses the primary method of still hunting to take deer. In areas of eastern North Carolina, hunting deer with dogs is an effective method of controlling an out of control deer population. I love to shoot deer at long range as well as every other member on this forum, but I also enjoy shooting deer on a full run in front of a pack of well trained dogs occasionally.

Thanks Rich for replying to D.A.T "Dumb *** Turd" lightbulb. Just to clarify myself, I am a whitetail hunter that uses the primary method of still hunting to take deer. In areas of eastern North Carolina, hunting deer with dogs is an effective method of controlling an out of control deer population. I love to shoot deer at long range as well as every other member on this forum, but I also enjoy shooting deer on a full run in front of a pack of well trained dogs occasionally.

No problem! Most of the guys on this forum are very knowledgeable and helpful. I once made the mistake of making a comment about long range shooting at elk on a bench rest forum and got raked over the coals for my trouble. I think the (D.A.T.) on that forum referred to me as Mr. "ELK SHOOTER ATTER" and then proceeded to ream me. I never forgot that and realized that we all have a different game but it doesn't make any of us right or wrong. If we start thinking that, we will ALL loose our sport (freedom) sooner or later. There are unethical people that do things wrong at 50 yards and just because we shoot at 1000 doesn't make us unethical if we do things correctly. I hunted plenty of rabbits with dogs, where I grew up in Mi. and deer are just BIG rabbits, right? Welcome to the forum. I don't care if you start barking before you shoot:D....Rich

There is always someone that disagrees with someone else but it is how they disagree
that makes it constructive or destructive.

I would have to agree with the statement that Core Lokts have probably killed more game
than any other for two reasons.

They have been around for ever, and until only recently has longer shots been possible
with hunting bullets or excepted Because of better quality bullets.

There was a time that the 250 yard shot on an animal was considered max distance for all but
the very best shots and unethical by most.

Times have changed and so have the bullets we use for special purpose and loooong shots
but that does not take away from the older bullet designs.and as long as bullets are used
within there abilities and performance they will all work very well.

Even the very best bullet can be used in the wrong application and fail.

The Core Lokt has a very good track record within operating range .

But what about the new "Bonded Core Lokt" I have not heard much about it so far and would
like to hear if it is an improvement over the older (Non Boned) Core Lokt.

J E CUSTOM

From the photos it appears the cl performed as intended. We have not used the cl in a lot more years than we like to think about although I always thought it worked pretty good. Can't think of any shots over 200 yards so I really don't know about the long range accuracy. I am interested in the new to me bonded cl. Anyone have experience with them?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.