Remington Core Lokt Copper

Pretty sure I have several boxes of the "new" core lokts as the original "X" bullet 😆
I do see some resemblance haha. 75 grain 6mm recovered from a wild snowbank I hunted down with my savage 99 .243 🤣

Attachments

• 6E62993F-6246-485E-9426-4DFB63A8D8B9.jpeg
    6E62993F-6246-485E-9426-4DFB63A8D8B9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • DDDB2354-A046-4816-B12C-96C024B6F953.jpeg
    DDDB2354-A046-4816-B12C-96C024B6F953.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
I'm not sure what Remington is so proud about with this new core lokt??? Ima thinking Barnes beat them to the punch 35+ years ago.
New core lokt looks like a plain and simple design 🤷‍♂️

I'm not sure what Remington is so proud about with this new core lokt??? Ima thinking Barnes beat them to the punch 35+ years ago.
New core lokt looks like a plain and simple design 🤷‍♂️
How much ammunition is made with copper bullets mass produced and on the shelf? Not a whole bunch. You got to look at the big picture on this. The average hunters in this country aren't schooled up on ammo, bullets and so on as the ones in this and other forums. Most people don't even know that there is a minimum velocity on bullets let alone certain bullets are meant for certain applications.
Will these copper core-lotks be better than others that's been out for years/decades, no, but at least they're staying up to date with the times for once. It's just another bullet for the general mass population for hunting that don't reload. If it works great! People maybe surprised on how well they work or not work, like you said, pretty simple design, sometimes simple designs are best. To most hunters, 200 yards is max and this flat based bullet will most likely work to that distance, its when these common hunters take pot shots at animals at a distance they have no business shooting at is where the issue will be.

This is what happens when Kalifornication environmental policy comes to the rest of the nation. Take a product that works, then Kalifornicate it - which adds 50%-100% to the price.
Before I started reloading all my ammo, Core-Lokt was my budget, go-to ammo. Worked well with acceptable (~1 moa) accuracy.

I am not a fan of Remington and forced to use lead free bullets, but I am thankful more options are available for those that might choose Remington's offering.
Before being on forums and reloading myself, I used a lot of Remington ammo because it was cheap and did the job to the intended range and animal. It wasn't until I wanted precision and to shoot long range precisely where I drifted away from that ammo and moved to hornady, then ultimately reloading. It has its purpose just not to the people that want long range precision and terminal ballistics. Shoot, in my woods guns I still use Remington ammo because why do I need to pay a premium price for something within bow range lol.

While I have no interest in a mono metal bullet I did see these and the new tipped version (more interesting) at my local bps. I doubt I'll buy any of either ever, but it's at least a good sign rem ammo is trying again.

I bought a box of the 270 winchester 130 grain core-lokt tipped and a box of the Norma 270 winchester 130 grain plain Jane stuff to shoot through an old savage 110, and compare. Wasn't much of a comparison at all. The Norma factory stuff shot a 5/8" group, and I was in such disbelief that I had to shoot another group. It came in at 3/4". Then I shot the core-lokt tipped, and the best it would do was 1 3/8", which is kinda depressing when compared to the Norma. I did get ahold of 800 25 cal, 120 grain core-lokt psp's, and they shot about a 1" group outta my ruger no. 1, and I killed 2 deer in Michigan last year, and they did as good of a job as anything else.