Anyone had hands on the new VX-6 leupold?

ohiohunter

Has anyone gotten ahold of the new vx-6 7-42x56? I was wondering if its worth the price tag and how does it compare to NF and other top end scopes.

I have a VX-6 in 3X to 18X but not the 7X - 42X. I do however have a cautionary tale. I was at the range today testing it by shooting a "box". I shot 1 shot with no scope adjustments, came up 6 MOA, shot, came right 5 MOA, shot, came down 6 MOA all with the same point of aim at 100 yards. There was no wind so it was a good day to do this test. Rifle will do 0.5 MOA and the box was almost perfect in terms of all the shots lining up with each other to form a box. However, when I measured the spacing between bullet holes I found the VX-6 was dead on in the vertical axis but 12% low in the horizontal. At this price point I expect better. I'll repeat the test tomorrow just to see if it is consistent.

Let us know how it performs. Kinda sucks to send rounds down range w/ that big of a discrepancy.

My 3-18 has been perfect. I use the CDS dial, and the drop on that works out exactly the same as my ballistics calculator, and the same as the scope I had on that gun before, so I suspect the clicks are correct.

I am testing one at the present time. So far my impressions have been very favorable. James Mock
oa9a83.jpg

PS- I have also shot the "square" with the 7X-42X model and the results are in the photo below.
4rq2ck.jpg

Last edited:
I got mine yesterday got it zeroed going to play with it some more today:)

Attachments

• IMG_5129 (1024x667).jpg
    IMG_5129 (1024x667).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 75
  • 20140814_172957.jpg
    20140814_172957.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5142 (1024x603).jpg
    IMG_5142 (1024x603).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 83
I got mine yesterday got it zeroed going to play with it some more today:)
It broke after 56 rounds the side focus goes cluck when it is turns. Leupold got it on 8-21-14 and by 8-29-14 it is not in there system yet. I hope to get it back by 10-21-14. There receiving process is very slow.

I have both the 4x24 and the 7x42 on custom rifles love them make 600 yard shots with either with ease at the moment thats my comfort max range not home enough to really to stretch that distance have made a few 7 and 800 yard pokes i can stay on paper still working on my wind compensation ballistic calcs arent perfect and winds that surge are harder to make good shooting solutions but thats on me not the scopes

It broke after 56 rounds the side focus goes cluck when it is turns. Leupold got it on 8-21-14 and by 8-29-14 it is not in there system yet. I hope to get it back by 10-21-14. There receiving process is very slow.
I got the first one back from Leupold still broken and not fixed sent it back and they sent me a new one open it and it had the same problem with the side focus. I am now working on getting my money back. I would not buy this scope till next year by then Leupold my have figured it out.

had similar experience too Willbas, I just got two new ones to replace the ones I sent back. I opened one and it seems all is well I am selling the other one in favor of another ATACR.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.