Any thoughts on Leupold VX-6

i'm also interested in the VX6. I've looked through one and was impressed with the clarity of the optics. I love the light weight, but my hesitation is how well the CDS tracks. I don't care if clicks are mush... my main concern is accuracy at long range and repeatability.

I've really only read a few reviews of people who say the CDS tracks well... most everything else is speculation.

Thanks for posting this link, some good reviews from people who have used the scope.

Still would like to hear some reports from guys who have done actual tracking/repeat-ability tests with the VX6.

Found this... From here.. VX6 for semi-lightweight rifle??? - 24hourcampfire

If you desire one dial for everything you load, simply get a CDS w/zero stop set up in MOA.

20MOA per turn of the dial can get you way out there with a 200 yard zero. The VX6 also has the best duplex reticle known to mankind. It's the perfect thickness, it's very black and stays black.

The turret clicks are not quite as positive feeling as the VX3's clicks, but the VX6 CDS dials are a bit harder to turn than the VX3, so it works very well and my two VX6's have been very easy and accurate to dial out to 900yds, back to 200 yards, and everywhere in between.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.