Anyone compared NIGHTFORCE SHV 5-20 and Burris XTR II 5-25???

One is FFP, the other SFP but I see NightForce just added FFP to the SHV lineup. They both track well. Both are well liked and it really may come down to what reticle you like better. If you prefer SFP than it would be the NightForce all the way.

As title states, anyone compared these two scopes?? Really similar prices, how do they stack up to each other???? Sorry, I meant the XTR II 4-20

XTR II

SHV

I considered them both. Looked through the SHV in my LGS and it looks very good. No hands on experience with the XTR II but I went with the Burris Veracity 4-20x50 E1 FFP and couldn't be any happier.

XTR%20II_zpssm1bmbdi.jpg

Bruce, I know. I have seen you post that some post in other threads, because I DID use the search bar. But I didn't ask about the veracity, I know some people like it better. But the XTRII has more internal adjustment, and I don't really like the reticle on the veracity. That's why I asked about the XTRII vs the nightforce, those are the two I'm interested in. But I appreciate your input anyway, it's much appreciated

Bruce, I know. I have seen you post that some post in other threads, because I DID use the search bar. But I didn't ask about the veracity, I know some people like it better. But the XTRII has more internal adjustment, and I don't really like the reticle on the veracity. That's why I asked about the XTRII vs the nightforce, those are the two I'm interested in. But I appreciate your input anyway, it's much appreciated

lightbulbSorry, I take full responsibility of the above post and Bruce has nothing to do with for this thread. lightbulb

If you led with your personal preference on reticle requirement, I would have never used that reference. Having said that, I agree with StrutNut.

lightbulbSorry, I take full responsibility of the above post and Bruce has nothing to do with for this thread. lightbulb

If you led with your personal preference on reticle requirement, I would have never used that reference. Having said that, I agree with StrutNut.

I couldn't figure out why the date on the post from "Bruce". I didn't realize you had taken a screenshot lol

No problem, I should have figured that would come up, and specified why I am interested in these two. I like the idea of having 90 MOA of elevation adjustment, here in the high desert where I shoot prairie dogs, the ranges can stretch out really far on the flat plains, and the opportunity to fling lead at a 1500 yard boone and crocket P-dog sunning his fat body on top of a mound happens pretty much every time I go...it would be nice to have the adjustment to at least get close enough to spray dirt on them ha ha.

So far my farthest kill on a p-dog is only 718 yards, but that was a challenge with the light 40 grain pill in my 22-250 with some wind goin on

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.