Nightforce SHV 5-20X56

freebird63

How many are using this scope??? A friend is going to be selling his, its an older one, he said it has the caps on the turrets.
My only concern is if 20X is going to be enough for me.

And as far as magnification. 10-12 power is a plenty to shoot to 1000 yds. A famous sniper called Carlos Haithcock made kills out to 1000 with only a fixed 10 power. At 10-12 power you can see impact as well as see misses to readjust elevation or windage. Old school.

I have the 5x20x56 SHV moa illustrated and it's been great .i will shooting it side by side with a leupold vx 5 3x15x56 firedot tomorrow evening until it's to late to be precise .

Use mine for my F T/R rig and love it. Tracks perfectly and glass is clear. An easy piece of glass to sit behind for 20 minutes at a crack staring down a target 600 yds away. You will like.

I've had 5-20 SHV. Clear glass, solid tracking on my 7mm-08. Enough magnification for 1000yds shots, also plenty of elevation. Like it.

I like my 5-20 SHV. Never had a tracking problem. I wish my turrets were exposed like my 2 NXS scopes but it is still a great value for the money.

I guess it depends on how far you're shooting. I have one on a .300WinMag and recently shot a 3" group at 1300yds with it, so yeah, I'd say it's enough magnification, for me anyway. JohnnyK.

I like my 5-20 SHV non illuminated. Mine is also has the capped turrets but it doesn't bother me. The zero set feature is also nice. Crisp glass.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.