Nightforce shv 5-20x56 thoughts

killitgrillit

Howdy all,
Getting a 7mm Allen mag built and thinking about putting this on top would like to hear any pro's and cons. Gonna get c535 moar illuminated reticle. Thx

As a hunter, my biggest complaint about the turrets on most Nightforce scopes is that there's nothing to keep them from turning when they rub against a pack or a saddle scabbard.

SOCOM does not seem to think that is a problem with their new NF scopes. Not an issue so far for me either in long distance or hunting. I know where the zeros are and never noticed any changes.

Howdy all,
Getting a 7mm Allen mag built and thinking about putting this on top would like to hear any pro's and cons. Gonna get c535 moar illuminated reticle. Thx

Its a great scope for the money.They have a capped wind-age knob or you can run it open. I keep mine covered so it wont get turned and the moar reticle has sub-tensions for holding any wind-age

I had one a few years ago, great scope and I recommend them to everyone I know that wants NF quality on a budget.

Howdy all,
I have one and love it. However, I run it on a lighter kicking rifle bc of the eye relief. There are other options with longer eye relief if that is a concern

I love my 4-14 SHV, but it's on a range gun. I think the glass on my VX5HD is better and the turret locks at zero. Reticle options are different, however. The weight on my 4-14 is in the area of 30 ounces, VX5HD comes in around 20. Might matter to you, might not, but the SHV aren't light by any stretch.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.