Burris XTR II 5-25 SCR MOA Availability...

aebhunter

Anybody else having a hard time getting your hands on one? I ordered mine 7 weeks ago from an LE distributor and still not a thing. I would imagine they receive their stock direct from Burris, just wondering what the hold up is. I have custom ordered pickup trucks that take less time.

Anybody else having a hard time getting your hands on one? I ordered mine 7 weeks ago from an LE distributor and still not a thing. I would imagine they receive their stock direct from Burris, just wondering what the hold up is. I have custom ordered pickup trucks that take less time.

My WAG is not all distributors have the same inventory; I think OpticsPlanet have them in stock.

Good luck!

Burris availability has to be one of the worst in the industry...

Where did you find the MOA version from LEO distributor? They were telling me the only one they had available was the MIL version through their first responder program.

Where did you find the MOA version from LEO distributor? They were telling me the only one they had available was the MIL version through their first responder program.

I used ProForce, I was really adamant about the scope being MOA and not Mils. They originally told me it would be on my door step in under 30 days, next week will be a full 8 weeks. I know its not their fault, probably at the mercy of Burris. I have looked around a few other websites and I sure haven't found the model I ordered. I really have no clue about the ins and outs of the optics industry, but I am sort of mystified at how hard some of this stuff is to get. I was looking at going with the new Vortex AMG, but that scope is like a unicorn and only seems to exist on the innerweb and a few select circles. Even Vortex seems to be able to only narrow their availability down to an entire 3 month period "summer". That steered my decision towards Burris as I had heard some decent reviews on the XTRII and it seemed to have a lot of features for the money. I was also intrigued by their "forever" warranty. They may want to rethink that name if it takes as long to work on their scopes as it does to get them...forever. I feel like 4 weeks is a reasonable time, 6 is stretching it, and over that is why even market the thing??? I really shouldn't be all that concerned since it isn't really prime shooting season, but I do like to get out in the summer and give a few rock chucks a scare from time to time.

I used ProForce, I was really adamant about the scope being MOA and not Mils. They originally told me it would be on my door step in under 30 days, next week will be a full 8 weeks. I know its not their fault, probably at the mercy of Burris. I have looked around a few other websites and I sure haven't found the model I ordered. I really have no clue about the ins and outs of the optics industry, but I am sort of mystified at how hard some of this stuff is to get. I was looking at going with the new Vortex AMG, but that scope is like a unicorn and only seems to exist on the innerweb and a few select circles. Even Vortex seems to be able to only narrow their availability down to an entire 3 month period "summer". That steered my decision towards Burris as I had heard some decent reviews on the XTRII and it seemed to have a lot of features for the money. I was also intrigued by their "forever" warranty. They may want to rethink that name if it takes as long to work on their scopes as it does to get them...forever. I feel like 4 weeks is a reasonable time, 6 is stretching it, and over that is why even market the thing??? I really shouldn't be all that concerned since it isn't really prime shooting season, but I do like to get out in the summer and give a few rock chucks a scare from time to time.

Hmmm. That's interesting...I wonder how availability is for the MIL version, because that's the one I have decided on for my .260 AI, accept the 4-20 version...I am just saving up funds now. I may have to go with the vortex razor gen 1 instead if I'm just gonna end up waiting 3 months for the Burris....

Curious what you base this drivel on.
I have had mine and did not have long to wait. It will be nothing like the Lab Radar. Plenty of people have them. You can always look elsewhere.
Sour grapes.....

Says the guy who already has one...:)

I called up Burris directly and the guy I talked to said they were all backordered and that some people have been waiting 5-6 months for them. His explanation was that the demand far exceeded what they expected. Good problem for them to have I guess, but I think they should disclose the wait for them on their website...I ordered mine in early April with the feelings I would be able to use it on a shoot I wanted to do in AUGUST. I didn't think it would be a problem getting one mounted up with a month or so to spare to familiarize myself with it. I am gonna give it a few more days and then will probably have to cancel my order and go with another manufacturer. I will probably pay more, but at least I will be able to use it.

Curious what you base this drivel on.
I have had mine and did not have long to wait. It will be nothing like the Lab Radar. Plenty of people have them. You can always look elsewhere.
Sour grapes.....

I base it on the fact that Burris has not had them in at least 4 months if not more. The new MAD Veracity, same thing. At least 4 months no ETA. Go spew your corporate jock huggery somewhere else. I have no problem choosing another brand.

I base it on the fact that Burris has not had them in at least 4 months if not more. The new MAD Veracity, same thing. At least 4 months no ETA. Go spew your corporate jock huggery somewhere else. I have no problem choosing another brand.

I feel bad I am somewhat comforted knowing somebody else is in the same boat. Kudos to Burris for coming up with a good product, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired as far as delivering it to the customer. The guy I talked to on the phone from Burris wasn't by any means rude, but there was a distinct difference in the feel of the call when you talked to him compared to another company I have dealt with before. Seems like you are damned if you do and damned if you don't in the "budget" LR scope world. I could go to Scheels and drop 2500 on an ATAC right now, but I have a hard time justifying that on my budget. Worse problems to have I guess...

I feel bad I am somewhat comforted knowing somebody else is in the same boat. Kudos to Burris for coming up with a good product, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired as far as delivering it to the customer. The guy I talked to on the phone from Burris wasn't by any means rude, but there was a distinct difference in the feel of the call when you talked to him compared to another company I have dealt with before. Seems like you are damned if you do and damned if you don't in the "budget" LR scope world. I could go to Scheels and drop 2500 on an ATAC right now, but I have a hard time justifying that on my budget. Worse problems to have I guess...

The exact same availability problems have occurred with the NF ATACR F1 and the Vortex Gen 2 Razor and will more than likely happen with the Vortex AMG as well. New products just take time to become available because the demand far outpaces the initial supply. If you do some calling you will find your scope available somewhere. If you are forced to order directly through Burris you will sit at the end of a very long line, no different than when ordering similar scopes from other companies.

My other personal opinion is that Burris was a bit gun shy to release too many to market at once based off the horrendous problems that have been plaguing the Steiner T5Xi series of scopes. While obviously not the same product line it no doubt was in the back of the minds of people who are making decisions on how many scopes to produce.

The exact same availability problems have occurred with the NF ATACR F1 and the Vortex Gen 2 Razor and will more than likely happen with the Vortex AMG as well. New products just take time to become available because the demand far outpaces the initial supply. If you do some calling you will find your scope available somewhere. If you are forced to order directly through Burris you will sit at the end of a very long line, no different than when ordering similar scopes from other companies.

My other personal opinion is that Burris was a bit gun shy to release too many to market at once based off the horrendous problems that have been plaguing the Steiner T5Xi series of scopes. While obviously not the same product line it no doubt was in the back of the minds of people who are making decisions on how many scopes to produce.

lightbulbWell said!lightbulb

I understand all the points above for sure...to a point. From reloading components to optics, waiting seems to be part of the LR game. I think their needs to be more transparency on the part of the manufacturer as far as actual availability goes however. For example, Burris should list on their website dates (within a month) when the scopes are actual available to ship to a customer. This would play a role in the consumers decision making process as to when they need to have the scope. In my case, had I known I would actually be receiving the scope I ordered in early April in late July or August, I would've searched around for another option that was more readily available. I probably would've paid a little more to get my hands on something I can practice with and shoot over the summer.

exactly

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.