Burris XTR II

ShtrRdy

Do any of you have direct experience with the Burris XTR II scopes? I got to handle one in a LGS a couple weeks ago and thought it felt and looked like a good unit for ~ $1k. I'm thinking of a 3-15x or 4-20x model.

I'll save you the effort of using the search key... The Veracity models are cheaper, and have better optics and reticles for hunting.

...I recently tested the Burris XTR2 4-20x50. I liked everything about it except for color fringing on high contrast objects. I noticed this at the last SHOT Show and hoped it was due to the scopes being early production samples. Apparently not, because the XTR scope I tested was of recent production. The Veracity 4-20x50 does not have this issue. The scopes are made in different factories, so even if the optical designs were the same, the scopes could have differences. The Veracity FFP reticle design is very good. Use the reticle to hold over for quick shots under ~600 yds, and dial elevation for longer shots. The reticle has windage holdover marks on the crosshair.

I'll save you the effort of using the search key... The Veracity models are cheaper, and have better optics and reticles for hunting.

I tried using the search function but couldn't find anything for XTR II or XTR. If I searched for anything with "burris" I got over 500 hits.

Anyway, thanks for posting. It looks like you're the only person to have somewhat first hand experience with these scopes.

I have a 4-20 XTR II . It is excellent glass for the money. FFP with G2b reticle. The turrets are reliable . I compared it side by side with the steiner t5xi and the steiner is slightly nicer, not $1000 better. I will probably buy another XTRII.

Attachments

• 1116141048a.jpg
    1116141048a.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 147
I'm not sure if it matters but I don't believe the Veracity has a zero stop? I know the XTRII does. I've had a chance to take the XTRII through its paces and it worked great. I will have one soon

I'm not sure if it matters but I don't believe the Veracity has a zero stop? I know the XTRII does. I've had a chance to take the XTRII through its paces and it worked great. I will have one soon
The Veracity 4-20X and 5-25X scopes have a zero stop. The lower mag models do not.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.