Vortex pst gen ii vs Burris xtr ii

Mooseknuckles

Hey guys I am going to be picking up a scope here soon for my 300 win mag. Gun will be used for shooting steel and long range hunting. I have been looking at the pst gen ii and the Burris xtr ii. Just wondering how they would compare and what experience anybody has had with them.
Thanks

I just started shooting a Gen II PST. I have never shot with a XTR because the turrets are so mushy I could not bring myself to purchase one to review. Just by feel the PST is very similar to a Nightforce NXS. I will have a better idea in a few months. I will say getting your hands on a PST may be difficult.

I didn't realize the turrets were mushy on the xtrii.
That's good to here about the pst gen ii. I have had a roadie gen i so I am use to that zero stop. How is the glass on the gen ii?

I really need more time behind the glass to say. Initial impressions are it is at least in the ball park with others in its class. I have a youtube video talking about my initial impressions. The zero stop is nice. The 25 MOA per rev is awesome. The reticle is better than my Sightrons. Importance of scope features for me are rated as follows 1) mechanics(turrets, tracking, etc), 2) reticle, 3) weight, and 4) glass. I rate glass as last because I have yet to look through a $1000 plus piece of glass that I found optically disappointing. Out of all scopes I have had my hands on I like the Sightron SIIIs the best. I just wish the 32x had FFP and zero stops. The Gen II PSTs may win me over. I also have an Athlon Ares BTR on the way.

The athlon ares was another one I had considered. Sounds like they have some really good features that compare to the pst gen ii.

I am in the same boat right now debating between these two optics!! I finally got my hands on them side by side. Checked them out on 5, 10, 15 and 25 power at 50-350 yards. I had a PST gen I and both of these optics are a huge huge step above! I had the Burris xtr II beside my nightforce nxs at another time and it was just maybe a little less on optical clarity but pretty close. When looking at the vortex and Burris side by side, maybe I just had a good one but the vortex definitely had the edge over the Burris! The turrets on the vortex felt better! Reticles weren't nearly too big on 25 power compared to the gen 1 as it got too big in my opinion! I liked the small cross hair in the centre of the reticle on the Burris a lot!!

I can get both at a local store for a good price and I'm trying to figure out which one id rather!!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.