Nightforce SHV 5-20 or SWFA SS 5-20

Jeremyc

I'm planning on getting a new scope. It will probably reside on my 260 or maybe my 6.5-284. I am slowly building a 300 win mag that I would want to get the same scope for. I have been thinking that I would like all 3 rifles to have the same optics on them eventually. The SWFA SS seems like a good value. It is FFP which I like. It is mil/mil which I have used in the past for ranging. I can also do the math for a MOA reticle, so that doesn't bother me. I will use this to shoot steel in the off-season and will hunt with these rifles during hunting season. I will hunt deer, antelope, elk, and bear with them (lucky enough to live in Montana). I am in fairly good shape so weight is not a factor. I do like that the Nightforce has zero stop. At this time I am not looking at the illuminated reticle. Let me know which one you think I should get.

I too have a SWFA SS 5-20x50 HD FFP; it's currently on my .300 WSM and I am very pleased with it. It's a lot of scope for the money, the zero stop would have been nice but not a show stopper for me. The glass is simply awesome.

Good luck!

Ed

I also have a SS.You can get a shim kit for it for ZS.I dont have zs but with the hash mark below and the 10 rev Ive been ok. I made a ZS for my Leo M4 that only has 5m rev.Got mine used for grand

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.