Anybody recognize this .308 headstamp?

TRexF16

I received a bunch of these once-fired Winchester .308 Win cases and have never seen a Winchester headstamp quite like this. I wonder if anyone is familiar with it. Is it a new style? What "product line" does it come from?
I note the "font" is much smaller and more deeply imprinted than the Winchester headstamps I am used to seeing. There is a small dot between "308" and "WIN", and a slight bevel to the primer side of the flash hole.
To check their precision, I randomly chose 20 and measured case neck thickness variation. Half were under .001 variance and none were greater than .002, which is better than I typically see from "non-boutique" cases. Overall, they have the look of greater precision than the Winchester cases I am used to.
So what Winchester ammo line are these from?

Thanks in advance,
Rex
308 head 1.jpg

308 head 2.jpg

Last edited:
There were 2 plants, Winchester Western, which used WW-SUPER head stamp, great brass actually. The other plant, which I forget it's location and name, used Winchester head stamp and I have found it is not the same quality when run side by side. Although I have heard this swaps with todays Winchester brass, because nobody seems to know whose making it nowadays.
Just as a side note, I have 22-250 brass that just says 'WIN' then 22-250 REM underneath. Never seen that in any other brass made by Winchester either.

Cheers.

@MagnumManiac I think I used to have .222 cases that were WW-SUPER.

I still have some new packaged .22-250 cases that have WIN on them . Bought these as old stock 10 years ago but the packaging doesn't seem so old .

The .222 Cases I collected from factory ammo purchased about 1990

Recent Posts