Anybody Fish With Their Bows

Long Time Long Ranger

I love bowfishing and it is spring. Time to crank her up. How is everybody doing. Biggest carp, gar, whatever. Any stories. Anybody got a spot in Wyoming they would be willing to share. I done shot'em all over hear.

I enjoyed bowfishing for several years. Mostly carp. Must've shot a dumptruck load of 'em. Great times. Too many other hobbies now... Sure be a great way to get a youngster or rookie a lot of shootin'.

Bowfishing=Adiction

My father in law created a monster when he took me bowfishing,it took 14 years and 30 or so bows to finally get a handle on it.My bow now stable consists of a old Howatt recurve and one Blacktail custom longbow.Here in western oregon we allways get to hunt nutria along with the carp as they both live in our lakes and slow moving rivers,so you can loose broadheads as well as fish arrows!My boys started hunting at the carp slough.The water will be warming up soon,Time to get the gear ready!GRPB

I am a bowfishing addict. ive been at it for 7-8 years. I shoot a number of old bows, currently im shooting a old pse with an ams retriever.no fish this year yet but as soon as I get stateside there are gonna be some impaled carp

wyo carp

It depends a little on where in Wyo you are. The Wheatland reservoirs have lots of carp. A couple guys can spread out wading in the shallows and kinda herd 'em towards the shoreline. We'd fling all our old junker arrows then run them down. Pretty fun!

Glendo, too, if you have a boat to shoot from this time of year. Big fish in schools close to the surface at the back end of any bay that still has water in it after the drawdown.

Hope that helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.