Any Vortex Doubler users?

TBuckus

Looking at the Vortex doubler for a lightweight backpacking set up instead of a spotting scope.

Any first hand users out there?

Great idea, but want first hand experience before I take the plunge.

Tagging in ... I've been wondering how the doubler would work as well, but don't want to spend the money without some feedback.

I use one and like it.

Len,
Can you give us a little more info?

Do you use it in place of carrying a spotting scope along with bino's on a long hike or backpack trip?
How is the clarity? i.e. if you use it with a 10x bino, is it just as clear as a 20x spotter?

Thanks in advance

Yes, instead of a spotter. Not quite as clear as a spotter but good enough when mobility is important.

I have one and I use it quite a bit. It works very well in normal conditions, but because it is not sealed from the atmosphere, it will not be as good as a decent spotter in low light conditions. But when weight and space are at a premium it is awesome. If you have good binos already, the doubler is less expensive and takes up much less space than any spotter on the market.

I have one and I use it quite a bit. It works very well in normal conditions, but because it is not sealed from the atmosphere, it will not be as good as a decent spotter in low light conditions. But when weight and space are at a premium it is awesome. If you have good binos already, the doubler is less expensive and takes up much less space than any spotter on the market.

Thanks for the info.

That is the reasons why I thought it would be a good fit.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts