Any of you guys use Big Agnes stuff?

Andy Backus

Field Editor
Staff member
I really like their company. Steamboat Springs, CO. Very high quality. Some of the lightest stuff out there.

They seem to do a good job of perfecting existing products while constantly innovating.

I use their system bags and Q-Core pads plus the Copper Spur UL2 tent. I've been very satisfied with them.

Last edited:
Been using their Fly Creek ul line of tents for a year now. Had the one man now I bought the 2 man. Its awesome and weighs just over 2 lbs.

My kid has taken over my Seedhouse 2 tent and it is still kicking.

Have spent MANY a comfortable night snugged up in a Deep Creek or Buffalo Park bag on top of a BA Insulated Core pad. I toss and turn in my sleep and love the BA system that contains the pad. No more waking up on the cold ground.

I've been happy with the condensation compared to other tents. There are always going to be conditions where you need to provide some air flow one way or another IMO.

Fly Creek UL3 for me and my wife. It won't handle much snow, so don't get too carried away, but this sucker is light, easy to set, and the extra space leaves room inside for gear or packs if needed. Take care of it and don't abuse it and it will last.

I just bought a Big Agnes Flying Diamond 6 this Winter. I took the family camping in it for the first time a few weeks ago after retiring a 25 year old Eureka tent. Very wet weather here, lately, on the East Coast, and it was no exception that weekend. We set up on water-logged ground, and it rained on us twice in the night, but with five of us and a dog inside, the only condensation we had was between the under sides of our sleeping bags and the tarp we put down inside to keep the tent clean. No issues with moisture on the walls or ceiling with our new tent; no need to re-seal seams, either. I'm very impressed.

By the way - we are now a Big Agnes dealer at the LRH Store. Let us know if we can help. We can give good deals to our members.

Andy

Seedhouse sl1 tent, it is cramped and I need a bigger tent. Bought it used off of Craigslist for a fraction of price. It does breath well, used it for four seasons. Always used the footprint and so far no holes. Huge improvement over ozark tent from Walmart for long solo hikes.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.