Any good to eat ?

We sometimes give the good eating hogs to needy family's If we have plenty in the freezer, but we go ahead and clean them first. It is a good feeling, and we can better control our population of hogs. Your game warden can normally tell you who he gives illegal game to if you don't know someone in need.

I was brought up not to waste good meat, but some hogs don't fit into that group. When I was very young, my father and grandfather trapped feral hogs, castrated the boars, and fed them for 8 to 10 weeks and added a little lye to there water to kill the parasites. then the butchering/work began.

If you are set up to do this, the meat is as good or better than store bought.

We also have Javalina in the south, but I have tried them many times and just can't make my self eat the flea infested stinkers, so I just pass on all of them. I am glad some can eat the big hogs and Javalina's and just because I can't doesn't make the meat bad, It just makes the hunter tougher than me. :cool:

J E CUSTOM
Javelinas make good tamales

In the deserts out west they hunt the feral burro's that the miners abandon/lost in the gold rush, and just once I got to try It. I was not impressed but it was not so bad that I would not eat it again.

Hummmmm. Camel ? I hope they taste better than they look:):).

There are probably a lot of things that we could eat if we had to.

J E CUSTOM
In rural China Donkey is on the restaurant menu and From France to Mongolia, horse meat is on the menu

In rural China Donkey is on the restaurant menu and From France to Mongolia, horse meat is on the menu

BEST BURGER I EVER ATE.......

CIERRO PRIETO BAJA MEXICO....

2 A DAY EVERY DAY MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY FOR 2 MONTHS.

NEW INTERPRETER( STRIPPER WE HIRED BECAUSE SHE SPOKE 4 DIALECTS OF SPANISH, FRENCH, GERMAN, POTUGEUSE, ENGLISH, DANISH, JAPANESE AND KOREAN!!!!!

IN MEXICALI IT HELPS TO KNOW THE LANGUAGE!!!

SHE LOOKS AT MENU,

WE DID NOT, LOL

SHE SAYS TJE BURGERS ARE HORSE!!!

CHANGED MY ORDER....

NOW I HAD 2 FOR LUNCH AND 1 FOR SNACK!!!.....

HORSE IS GOOD!!!!

BEST BURGER I EVER ATE.......

CIERRO PRIETO BAJA MEXICO....

2 A DAY EVERY DAY MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY FOR 2 MONTHS.

NEW INTERPRETER( STRIPPER WE HIRED BECAUSE SHE SPOKE 4 DIALECTS OF SPANISH, FRENCH, GERMAN, POTUGEUSE, ENGLISH, DANISH, JAPANESE AND KOREAN!!!!!

IN MEXICALI IT HELPS TO KNOW THE LANGUAGE!!!

SHE LOOKS AT MENU,

WE DID NOT, LOL

SHE SAYS TJE BURGERS ARE HORSE!!!

CHANGED MY ORDER....

NOW I HAD 2 FOR LUNCH AND 1 FOR SNACK!!!.....

HORSE IS GOOD!!!!
So you hired her for her communication skills...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.