Can anyone tell me a good place to go hunt hogs?

Diamond A is a good place if you can drive/fly to Texas. On the East Coast there are similiar hog hunting places but they are going to be mostly short range or dog hunts.

For wild hogs DIY, there is the Big South Fork area in Tennessee. I have been planning on going down there in February or March before the leaves come out but it seems like my part time consulting projects always need to be started about then. I do not know much about it except that there are supposed to be hogs there and you hunt them however you want to. That is about the closest place that I know of on public land.

The rules as I remember them are that certain areas can only be hunted during the deer season and the other areas can be hunted all year long. As I remember it from calling Tennessee, you will be required to buy some kind of nonresident license. I think they have a five day or something like that.

If you send me a PM I will tell you what my plan was. Like all such good plans it is a wonderful plan and has about a 2% chance of actually working. :D

I've heard there are hogs in virginia, a spot called "Hog Island" I think that's what it's called or my mind is just playing tricks on me. It's public land with quite some hogs, hence the name. If your looking for an outfitter, I can recommend mountain meadow hunting preserve in west Virginia. Punch that name into google and you'll find ther site. They also offer whitetail and exotics. Let me know where you end up going because I'm also looking for a place to hunt hogs on the east coast. Oh, and another outfitter in south Carolina offers hogs at a very affordable price their site is hunthogs.com, 3days hunting and 6hogs for 900dollars or around that. If anyone would be interested in going as a lrh group, send me a pm

Oliver

A quick correction, above I said the sc hunt costs 900 dollars at hunthogs.com it's actually only $395 For 3days and 6hogs!! If anyone is interested in going as s group sometime, send me a pm.

Take a week or two get to know the people around (any place where there is a farm)in the southern states, they don't bite..I have been going around Little Rock Arkansas for the last 25 years An old friend has family there and the Farmers do whole lot of bitchen about the damage.
First thing is ask how bad they are and tell them you are the guy they need to talk to.
I have a 7 Mag a friend a Williams gun sight built for me..if I can see it I can shoot it! I have made some shots well over 500 yards I don't like to but its to much fun.
Now the tube is gonna get pulled and a new one is on the way.

WARNING! watch out for ticks, chiggers, fire ants, hornets, ground hornets, the nats are as bad as they are in Canada on the 4th of July. Heat and Tornado Warnings.
The rest of the time, you will have a great time.

ICANHITHIMMAN,

If Ft. Stewart, GA is not to far out of the way you should check it out. You don't need to be in the Army or work on the base to access it for hunting. First you'll need to be a legal hunter in GA. Second you'll need to purchase a hunting permit for Ft. Stewart. Check it out online for more info Pass . They'll tell you where the pigs are when you check in, or you can use their online hunting maps to see where the problem pig areas are. I used to live/hunt there, there are plenty of pigs, just try to hunt in the areas near the rivers.

McTank

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.