Any experience with the Leupold CDS?

nyrifleman

Anyone actually used one at 400-600 yards? Does it track as its designed to? I'm thinking of investing in a few, are they an improvement over the B&C reticle?

PDA

Looking at putting them on a VXIII 3.5-10 on a Kimber 84M in 308. How are they working for you guys?

corey006

I just logged on to ask the exact same question.

I have my choices nailed down to 3 scopes.

The 2.25x16 Bushnell Elite 6500 with DOA reticle

The Zeiss 4.5x14 Conquest with Rapid Z 800(or 1000)

Leupold VX3 4.5x14 with CDS.

I am leaning towards the Zeiss.....

I am pretty sure the CDS system works much like the Custom GreyBull Precision Leupold optic seen here...

YouTube - GreyBull Precision Long Range Hunting

Dalebow

put one on my 257 weatherby and my MG Arms 300wsm, worked great, used the 257 out to 900 yards and was able to put 3 in 8" so I say they work just great!

cummins cowboy

they work great as long as 15 MOA is all you will be using in elevation. I have used one to take several coyotes beyond 500 yards. what they really need to do is combine the 1/3 moa adjustments to the CDS so that way you would get 20 MOA which should get most people to 1000 yards.

to me it doesn't make sense trying to use a holdover system, dial for elevation hold for wind.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce