Any experience with Mike Hill, gunsmith in Springville, Utah?

GSSP,

Give me a ring. I have a gunsmith for you, but he is in Ogden.

I have my action and barrel in hand and the second rifle that I wan't to rechamber.

Maybe we can take him all three and save a little money. The guy in Ogden is Hammerli trained and a curmudgeon, but he does good work. Paul Hodgins pointed me to him.

Mike

I know Kirby did a 30-06 AI on a Rem 700 ( I beleive it was a Lilja barrel but would not swear to it) for a person and that person was very happy with it. I also saw it shoot one day.

Something to think about

I have a 700 LSS in 3006AI with a 25" Shilen Match. It is a fun cartridge. Mine shoots half inch or better with 150 gr BT. Just started toying with the 180 Sierra BTSP. I'm getting 2950 fps with RL22.
Velocity gain over the 3006 is not spectacular, but it is there and it is great fun to fireform and shoot. Great choice of cartridge. Let us know how it shoots!

GSSP,
"He's close" is an understatement, Mike Hill is in the mouth of Hobble Creek Canyon no more than a stones throw away. Mike is a nice guy and an OK gunsmith, he built my first custom gun but I have moved on to gunsmiths that are far better
good luck
UB

Mike is a good general gun smith and has built a lot of guns for local guys in the area. they all seem to shoot very well at moderate ranges.Not many guys here are into the long range thing,except 7mmrhb,goodgrouper, uncle"B" and myself to some degree.If you want a super job on a rifle the man to see is at Performance Guns in Westhaven Ut. But you will have to be patient as he has a big backlog.I have a 6MM BR improved by him on action which he also builds that shoots in the 2's, also a .243Ackly that is also a very fine shooter that he rebarreled for me.
Old Bear

[ QUOTE ]
Not many guys here are into the long range thing,except 7mmrhb,goodgrouper, uncle"B" and myself to some degree

[/ QUOTE ]

theres alot more than that.

d-a

[ QUOTE ]

theres alot more than that.

d-a

[/ QUOTE ]

How many of you guys are from Hobble Creek Canyon? Sounded like 4 would be a lot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

edge.

I second Performance Guns in Ogden Utah. The owner Brad Stair has built me two rifles, both are awsome. Brad does excellent work, but he does have a large backlog.

RidgeRooster

I did not mean to offend any of the long range shooters in Utah I only was speaking of the ones that I know locally.
I do shoot at Hobble Creek range.we did shoot with a group from the Huntington area last spring. Had a great time good bunch of guys.Any one interested in a little frendly competition?
Old Bear

Does anybody know his number. He seems to be the kind of guy, that you have to know somebody to get his number. If not I will just take my gun to discount ammo in Provo.

Give me a call. I'm in Santaquin. Lorenzo Young, Deadly Precision Gunsmithing.
801 735-4829
deadlyprecisiongunsmithing.com

I know Jimmy and Roland, and a lot of other guys. Plenty of references.

Does anybody know his number. He seems to be the kind of guy, that you have to know somebody to get his number. If not I will just take my gun to discount ammo in Provo.

Mikes # is 801 489 7414 he did a trigger job for me years ago only charged me 2 bucks he's a real nice guy and I think he knows a lot but i would contact goodgrouper or rhb also and @ discount ammo John or Kevin both know Mike you could ask them.
I had a custom built but had Kirby do it. havent had Mike do anything but the trigger job years ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.