Any experience with KANO KROIL for barrel cleaning?

boscodog

I was told by a biathlete trainer that Kano Kroil is what some of the athletes use to clean their rifles with - anyone else know about this?

I've been using it for guns for years. And for vehicles for even longer. I've been using it overall for close to 10 years. That stuff is incredible. I've unlocked motors that have sat for 30 years untouched in the weather with it.

They also make it in an aerosol can called AeroKroil. It's about $17 a can, but worth it. I used to buy it by the case when I was building offroad trucks and offroad toys.

'(MudRunner) I've been using it for guns for years'.
Is it good on removing copper and lead, whats your process for a typical cleaning and for a build up cleaning?
Thanx.
Tom

'(MudRunner) I've been using it for guns for years'.
Is it good on removing copper and lead, whats your process for a typical cleaning and for a build up cleaning?
Thanx.
Tom

No, I use It for lubing them. I use RemOil on patches for quick barrel wipe-outs, and I use Pro Shot Copper Solvent IV for removing copper. Then I wipe out with Rem Oil afterwards.

I've been using it since the late '90's with Shooter Choice MC#7 and with JB Bore Compound. I think it was Fred Sinclair that had recommended it to me? But those guys had been using it for years before that.

I place a drop on the patch and soak the rest with Shooters Choice. If I'm using JB Bore Compound I'll run a patch with Kroil through the bore and then use a patch with the JB paste on the throat and through the rest of the barrel.

I mix about 25% kroil with shooters choice as my general cleaning solution. I think that the film left behind is enough protection i dont run another straight oil through the barrel after.

I first heard about it when moly was the rage, JB paste clean followed by kroil to get any residual out.

I dont use JB anymore unless I am worried about carbon in the throat.

I was told by a biathlete trainer that Kano Kroil is what some of the athletes use to clean their rifles with - anyone else know about this?

I should have asked this in the beginning post-anyone with experience using FLITZ, if so please explaine it's uses.
Thanx,
Tom

I use a kroil butches bore shine mixed 50/50 when I clean my guns and only when accuracy starts to degrade. I also use the jb compound after barrel brake in. This was reccomended by AI to a buddy of mine when he purchased one of their rifles. It works very well.

I use Kroil all the time for a lot of things. It is a GREAT penetrating oil and is harmless to metal. It will dissolve carbon pretty well and leaves a nice light film on parts including the bore. I have soaked patches and left them in the chamber/neck area to dissolve carbon ring build up. It will not remove copper or lead fouling...........Rich

I make my own. Look it up. "Ed's Red." It is, Auto.trans.fluid dextron ll, accetone, mineral spirits. It has been around for a long time. Probably pretty close to koil

I use Kroil for one reason mainly...

I can clean a barrel(wipeout, butches,jb,etc.) and for a final step use Kroil, then a couple dry patches and the first shot is usually in the group or pretty close.

Some other lubes(eezox is one but works great on bolts and exterior metal) have thrown shots way off and accuracy does not return for a few shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.