Any experience with KANO KROIL for barrel cleaning?

I make my own. Look it up. "Ed's Red." It is, Auto.trans.fluid dextron ll, accetone, mineral spirits. It has been around for a long time. Probably pretty close to koil

I read a help hint on line one time where they tested the best penetrating oils. Kano Kroil was second, and the best was a 50/50 mix of atf and acetone............Rich

I should have asked this in the beginning post-anyone with experience using FLITZ, if so please explaine it's uses.
Thanx,
Tom
Tom, I use the liquid flitz to clean my bore. It works better than most things I've tried on hard carbon. I put it on a bronze brush and about 15 round trips later, the bore is spotless. It won't harm the bore at all. Dry patch and then a patch of eezox to remove and flitz left in there. It will remove carbon but tough copper takes some work. I do copper with bore tech cu2..

Tom, I use the liquid flitz to clean my bore. It works better than most things I've tried on hard carbon. I put it on a bronze brush and about 15 round trips later, the bore is spotless. It won't harm the bore at all. Dry patch and then a patch of eezox to remove and flitz left in there. It will remove carbon but tough copper takes some work. I do copper with bore tech cu2..
Hope they decided if Kroil was ok in the past 6+ years since this thread was last touched on.

Kroil is made right here in Nashville, TN. I've stopped by the plant. It's not a big place but in the warehouse there is a lot of Kroil cans being shipped out. Guy gave me a can for free.

I use a few patches with Kroil followed by a brush wrapped with a patch coated with JB Bore Paste. Scrub bore back and forth about 20 strokes making sure the brush fully exits the bore. Patch with JB will be black but the bore will be clean as a whistle. No copper and no fouling. Done.

Kroil is made right here in Nashville, TN. I've stopped by the plant. It's not a big place but in the warehouse there is a lot of Kroil cans being shipped out. Guy gave me a can for free.

I use a few patches with Kroil followed by a brush wrapped with a patch coated with JB Bore Paste. Scrub bore back and forth about 20 strokes making sure the brush fully exits the bore. Patch with JB will be black but the bore will be clean as a whistle. No copper and no fouling. Done.
Yep agree kroil is great/ But this thread is 6 years old so hope they have figured iy out.......

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts