Any cal. missing?

I have ARs in the following cal.: .22 rimfire, 17 HMR, 20 TAC, 223 heavy barrel w/1 in 8 twist, 223A.I., 6.5 Grendel, and in AR10s, a 6x47 Lapua and 260 Rem. If you had these and wanted maybe one more to fit in, what would your cal. thoughts be and why? Just real curious as I don't think you can have too many ARs !

How about DPMS LR338 Federal great round.

373907_2518495476792_1784227155_n.jpg

Went out yesterday in a wind storm and still shot my AR10 in 260. Could not hardly believe the results. Even in the blow, groups off the bench went .231 and .205 ! Not as good prone, but I haven't shot prone in way too many years. But still, they largest was only .774 at 100 yds. Not bad for an old coot. Yep, ARs be accurate! Oh, and I didn't didn't change aim point, just shot it. Wind had ZERO effect on the 142 Sierras! I'm still amazed....

Went out yesterday in a wind storm and still shot my AR10 in 260. Could not hardly believe the results. Even in the blow, groups off the bench went .231 and .205 ! Not as good prone, but I haven't shot prone in way too many years. But still, they largest was only .774 at 100 yds. Not bad for an old coot. Yep, ARs be accurate! Oh, and I didn't didn't change aim point, just shot it. Wind had ZERO effect on the 142 Sierras! I'm still amazed....
6.5's rule in the wind. My 264wm with 30" barrel shoots tight groups at 132 yards with 95gr Vmax and 100gr hp and 100gr BT. In the wind also

They got my attention ! I've shot many cal. and this 6.5 amazed me with it's wind bucking ability. Course, it's only 100 yds. I'm going to my first ever 1000 yd. match soon and where it is there's a lot of conditions to deal with. I haven't shot past 300 yds. so the experienced shooters ought to have a good laugh on me. Maybe not.
I'm also having an AR15 upper built in 6.5 Grendel. Can't find a disparaging word about it anywhere. Kinda like a short version of the 260, only maybe better.
Oh, I failed to mention that I was shooting with a suppressor ! The can really helps a lot! Might also mention it has a 6500 on it.

They got my attention ! I've shot many cal. and this 6.5 amazed me with it's wind bucking ability. Course, it's only 100 yds. I'm going to my first ever 1000 yd. match soon and where it is there's a lot of conditions to deal with. I haven't shot past 300 yds. so the experienced shooters ought to have a good laugh on me. Maybe not.
I'm also having an AR15 upper built in 6.5 Grendel. Can't find a disparaging word about it anywhere. Kinda like a short version of the 260, only maybe better.
Oh, I failed to mention that I was shooting with a suppressor ! The can really helps a lot! Might also mention it has a 6500 on it.

Is your 6500 the same as mine?

My bad ! I actually have the 6500 on an AR15 I was shooting yesterday too. Yes, my 6500 is the same as yours and yes, I do like it. However, I have a Sightron SIIISS in 6x24x50 on the 260. It's really good !

My bad ! I actually have the 6500 on an AR15 I was shooting yesterday too. Yes, my 6500 is the same as yours and yes, I do like it. However, I have a Sightron SIIISS in 6x24x50 on the 260. It's really good !

Sounds like good set ups. My AR15 223/5.56 is yankee hill machine diamond fluted comp barrel and has a millett 1-4 power with lighted dounught dot retical.

Sounds like good set ups. My AR15 223/5.56 is yankee hill machine diamond fluted comp barrel and has a millett 1-4 power with lighted dounught dot retical.
You got some bad A## rifles ! That diamond fluted barrel sounds like a dazzler and gotta be a sight to behold! I think I need to find someone who wants my plain jane 300 ACC Blackout upper so I can get a better one. With diamond flutes.....

24292_4811179032448_781514439_n.jpg

You got some bad A## rifles ! That diamond fluted barrel sounds like a dazzler and gotta be a sight to behold! I think I need to find someone who wants my plain jane 300 ACC Blackout upper so I can get a better one. With diamond flutes.....

I have a 6mmAR that is a wildcat, with all necessary info, upgrades available from Richard Whitely(check out the 6BR site). It's a 6.5 Grendal case that's simply run through a dye. Just add the upper and the modified magazine and it feeds perfectly through a standard AR15 lower. Velocity is within 100FPS of the 6BR and it performs very well. I get consistent sub 2" groups at 500 yards with mine.

264WM, is that a cerakote "paint" job? Looks boss! I've looked at the 6AR web site thinking the 6AR turbo should be awesome. The 6AR is. Getting 2 " groups at 500 yards? Fantastic! Tell me more about your build.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.