Any cal. missing?

264WM, is that a cerakote "paint" job? Looks boss! I've looked at the 6AR web site thinking the 6AR turbo should be awesome. The 6AR is. Getting 2 " groups at 500 yards? Fantastic! Tell me more about your build.

I have a Whitely upper which is pretty basic. It has a Hart 1;8 twist, 26" heavy barrel. Floated tube hand guard. I use either my Colt or Bushmaster lowers that are stock except for RRA and Gieselle trigger replacements. I get this performance with Reloader 15 and 107SMK'S. The only other item need are the modified mag pull magazines to handle the case, and 2 pc. dye set. Very easy to work with and feeding is dead reliable. I still suing the same brass after several hundred rounds through my initial 100 lapua cases. This is one of the best kept sevrets in AR rounds. I may try the Turbo next....it does look like a nice round!

There are a lot of calibers available and most have been mentioned. Some require a AR10 frame
and others don,t.

Two that I like that were not mentioned are the 450 Bushmaster and the 6.8 SPC. both will work on
the AR15 lower.

The 450 bushmaster is awesome on big pigs and bear and the 6.8 is great on deer with just over 2000
ft/lbs of energy.

J E CUSTOM

I have seen the 450's work on pigs. No blood trail. DRT !! Hammers them in the ground. The 6.8 is just as bad when you poke em in the skull. DRT.

What I like about the 338 Fed is most factry ammo is in the 2950 to 3250 ft lbs of energy and is good out to 400 yrds on Elk size game.

A friend of mine is looking at the 338 Ruger compact round. Will that fat case go in an AR10 mag.? If it does, it runs a whole lot faster than the Fed. and I think both are factory ammo?

A friend of mine is looking at the 338 Ruger compact round. Will that fat case go in an AR10 mag.? If it does, it runs a whole lot faster than the Fed. and I think both are factory ammo?

Case overall length is the same as the 338 fed but the neck on the 338 RCM is .020 inch shorter so with the shorter bullets it might work but the depth you seat them would be the potential problem for fit in the magazine.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts